Anybody put air ride seats in an 01 F350?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Anybody put air ride seats in an 01 F350??

Hi,

I have an F350 with a 4in Pro Comp lift, it's great except my wife finds the ride too harsh, she has neck problems which make the F350 too uncomfortable for her.

Has anybody installed air ride seats, and did they work?

National makes the seat suspension, and seats, but they are not cheap. I'm tempted to buy the suspension system, and modify the stock seat to the national air ride suspension, has anybody done that?

Thanks in advance dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anybody put air ride seats in an 01 F350??

No I haven't but it sounds interesting post up what you find out or decide.

Here is a link to where they put one ( the base) in a dodge and another link in that thread as well to more info. IIRC page 3-4 is where you get some good pic etc..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:38 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

A friend of mine took the air ride portion from an F650 and bolted it to his seat. It was alot cheaper than buying the whole Ford air ride/seat track kit, but he couldn't re-use his seat tracks so the seat only has one position, which happens to be perfect for him.

It sure rides nice, it really helps soak up the ride from his 12" lift and 40's.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 AM
PSN Veteran

I haven't done one in a Ford but I have put one in a Sterling Bullitt (aka Dodge Ram) It is a lot nicer the factory seat and helps a lot. It was a national seat and came with the compressor and everything.

Early 99 F-350 CC LB 6-speed
Turbo, injectors, fuel, clutch, nothing special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglike View Post
Anyone who stands to pee drives a 7.3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoIs View Post
The only brutha you know is the one that's bangin your little sister you cracka.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Custom Trailer Sales

I would love to find an air ride seat base at an affordable price. How are the ones out of the f650's?

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerHauler View Post
I would love to find an air ride seat base at an affordable price. How are the ones out of the f650's?
From what I remember, a brand new complete seat base, seat tracks and all, where you bolt your seat bottom and back to it, are ~$400. IIRC, my buddy just bought the base, and that was ~$180. His seat tracks wouldn't bolt to the air ride base though, so he bolted his seat bottom right to the air ride base.

I'd try looking for one in a junkyard, and just swap on your seat. I'm not sure if you could just make up some brackets to make the base work, my buddy didn't bother trying because the seat was in the right spot for him the way it was.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm ordering a couple of seat bases from the local National distributor and I'm going to adapt my existing seats to the National bases.

I managed to persuade my wife that we didn't need to get new seats.

Thanks again!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
No I haven't but it sounds interesting post up what you find out or decide.

Here is a link to where they put one ( the base) in a dodge and another link in that thread as well to more info. IIRC page 3-4 is where you get some good pic etc..
TARM,

there is some very usefull info in that thread, at least I know it's now feasible to use existing seats, rather than the National seat.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 AM
PSN Veteran

Your welcome. I thought it would be in line with what you were looking at as far as the possibilities go. Also seems like it was not but a weekend project which is also good. The fab work looked very straight forward.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM
PSN Newb

I have a 99 f350 4 door. I also have back and neck surgerys that made that stiff suspesion pull a trailer rough. I put the seat base from National and also their seat with the 3 chambers in the back 2 on the side and 2 in the bottom and it works great! I wanted a chuger snubber but it is not avaible d for the Fords. I have Pete dump trucks with Nationals in them also. Call National Seating in Venore Tn and talk with Shelia Cagle, tell her whatn you need and she can get you in touch with a destribtor for sells. The air ride works great when you hit these bridges on the interstate, it is soft and cushioned ride. If you drive big trucks you know that is is just about impossable to stay in the cab without the air rides. By the time you but the base, seat and compressor you are going to be close to 1000.00 It will have a bracket for the seatbelts that attach at the seat base. I know it is a lot of money but it does a great job and well worth it Just my 2 cents Thanks divedigger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode