Price to paint a bumper? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

Price to paint a bumper?

Hey guys just wondering for those of you that have taken a bumper to a shop to get color matched or whatever what do you typically pay?

I have a paintable rear for my truck that I took the pad off and everything so its just ready to be prepped, has a few small chips in the black finish as well that would need to be smoothed out.

So Im going to a couple other places tomorrow but went to one place today and to do everything they quoted me 400 bucks! Is that really how much it costs to get a bumper painted?

Now he calls these chips dents but the metal isnt pushed in at all jsut the black finish is chipped off. I could easily smooth it myself with bondo if I really wanted.

I was quoted 250 for a color matched line x job on it as well

So Im just wondering if that quote is a good deal or not.

Thanks

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Price to paint a bumper?

I'd shop around, it's one of those things - it's only a few hours work, but sometimes small jobs aren't worth doing for some shops.

If you're not in a hurry ask the shop to keep it for awhile and next time they spray your color and have enough left over (they always have paint left over) get them to shoot your bumper whith the excess.

2008 F-350 CC SB Lariat, 4wd, 20x12, 35x14.5, 4" lift w/ Bags, 4" Exhaust, IC Pipe, Elbow, S&B Intake, EGR Delete, Gearhead Tunes, Hellwig Sways, Recon Ltng

2000 Corvette - JT Trim Vortech

2007 HusaberG FS650

2008 RZR - Z1 Turbo
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:46 AM
PSN Veteran

The price seems about right based off of what I've paid for supplies to do my '08 bumpers. I'm in it about $250 for primer, paint, and prep supplies.

I'm using this thread from Fire370 over on the .org: Today's project on the 2000 CC - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

If you figure a couple hours of labor, I'm guessing you're pretty close to what they quoted you.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

See the problem is if I waited it would be forever since my color is pretty rare. lol

But I did drop the bumper off at another good body shop today to get painted, they said it would be 337.90 total so I was sold and it would be back to me on monday.

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 AM
PSN Local

I brought my grill, front bumper and the 4 fender flares, fully preped to my painter and all he had to do it clend and paint them and it was $200 paint supplied.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
reluctant ford fan

I had my front bumper stripped and repainted because a good portion of the stock paint was flaking off. I got a couple of different quotes with a range of $380-$500 or so. You can guess which one I went with.

04 X/4wd/EB/6.no-leaker thanks to Strictly Diesel!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode