Steering stabs. w/ hydro assist? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Steering stabs. w/ hydro assist?

I have a set of Icon dual steering stabilizers with Rize brackets on my F250. I am adding hydraulic assist from PSC. Should I keep the stabilizers or are they pointless with the ram?

I thought no stabs, that it was counter productive, but then saw this and wondered. I have the same Rize brackets and could tie into the existing brackets without welding to the diff-cover, but if I don't need the stabilizers I could just sell my setup and get some money back:

1999 Ford F250 with 2004 Cummins backed by a BTS transmission. FASS 150/150, ARP head studs, ATS exhaust manifold, Hellman Fuel Sump, Hellman intake manifold, Hellman fuel bowl delete, Smarty Revo SW#9, Hydraulic assist, Custom traction bars
Pictures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Steering stabs. w/ hydro assist?

What kit? Do you have a link?

I would say keep the stabilizers on the truck.

^^no front drive shaft

Pete

2003 F250 FX4 Lariat Crew Cab

No Spray, No Lay...

Custom tuned and sponsored by GoGo Diesel.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson. Top Gear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Just call Lance or Kelvin at PSC Motorsports. I am using a 1.5" x 8" ram. I sent them my box for rebuild and to get it drilled and tapped. I will by the ram and pay for the labor on the box. They will also sell you the lines and what ever else you need. All of their parts are made in USA too.

They make the kits for ORU and a few other companies.

Cylinder Assist Cylinders

1999 Ford F250 with 2004 Cummins backed by a BTS transmission. FASS 150/150, ARP head studs, ATS exhaust manifold, Hellman Fuel Sump, Hellman intake manifold, Hellman fuel bowl delete, Smarty Revo SW#9, Hydraulic assist, Custom traction bars
Pictures:

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
PSN Local

the ram assist is the same as your stabilizers. take them off and sell them. its redundant imo.

1999.5 f350 xlt 4x4-afe stage ii intake, wicked wheel, 4" hog performance exhaust, dp tuner chip, 8" lift with 40's, arb's front and back, etc.

2002 excursion limited 4x4- afe stage ii intake, 4" hog performance exhaust, and dp tuner f5 chip

2005 vw jetta tdi- q loader chip for now
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampaku View Post
the ram assist is the same as your stabilizers. take them off and sell them. its redundant imo.
I talked with Kelvin and he said the same thing. I really wasn't 100% sure so I am glad I asked and thanks for the response.

Pictures:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 AM
PSN Veteran

Not needed at all. The ram is all you need. Infact they maybe counter productive but nto like it would casue a real issue but stil not necessary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode