Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Molding and badge removal

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  deiter5262 
#1 ·
Just took off the molding and 4x4 badges off my new truck today: She has a long way to go but certainly looking a lot better than when i picked her up:

The day i brought her home:

Today after tint and removal stickers/molding: (notice the 2 dents on drvr rear of bed, will get them fixed soon)

Cleaned her up tonight:

Molding was easy but the stickers...a pain, took way longer :doh:

The grandpa steps will be coming off soon and level kit with wheels/tires soon. Then 05-07 front end swap, I hope::ford:

Opinions??

See less See more
#3 ·
How'd you go about doing that? I'm afraid of ripping my paint off..

#5 ·
Quite easy actually, just take the molding off, use some safe for paint cleaner to remove left over gray sticky adhesive after you get it all scrap'd off the truck...then just take your time getting the 4x4 stickers off..I actually used a couple old credit cards and a miniture butane lighter to take off the molding and the stickers....then cleaned it up real good with some cleaner and washed/spray waxed the truck!

X2 for the bed rail cover, but lookin good :ford:
[QUOTEGet a "cap" for the tailgate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm kind of waiting until i can find a good deal on an 08 white tailgate...The current tailgate doesn't even open unless you tweak it just right...I hope i can afford an 08 one soon...I think they really look sharp!

#8 ·
Looks good man. How hard was the molding to get off and how did you do it?

#10 ·
Spot on with that one, whole new truck in my opinion looks much more clean!

Looks good man. How hard was the molding to get off and how did you do it?
I did it out in the sun bout 70* outside just ripped the molding off, I used a little butane light to heat up the gray adhesive tape that held the molding on and slowly peel it off..I actually used a couple old credit cards i had laying around(instead of finger nails like some have said on here) ..once you get it all off just clean the heck out of it where the molding/dirt lines were and wax her up a bit...A lot easier job than some make it out to be on here...LOL

Thanks for the comments guys nice to know someone else out there has similiar taste on how these trucks need to look!

#11 ·
Truck looks good man, I did the same thing last weekend.

I used a hair dryer to heat up the badges and then used fishing line behind the badges and trim to remove them. After that I used a big ole can of Goo Gone to get the sticky mess off the truck. The previous owner used super glue at some point to hold down the spots that stated coming off the doors and I had to get serious with a razor blad to get that crap off. Almost got bad after I had a red bull, got the shakes a bit. Now I'm just waiting for some new badges to come in so I can ditch the fender badges!

Here's the truck after some clay bar and serious waxin action.

#12 ·
I took my 4x4 stickers off over the weekend and it was a huge PITA to get the adhesive off. the stickers them self came off easy but the rest sucked

#17 ·
DingleB---Looks sharp man, way better!

mine was fine under the stickers
:whs:

i think you will be absolutely fine especially since your truck is a few years newer than mine and the paint looked brand new behind stickers/molding on mine!

I have taken Badges off of my tailgate on my Black97 OBS and paint was great behind them too...just take a little work cleaning up after badges/stickers are actually off to get the rest of the sticky junk off..not a bad job at all though!!

Truck looks good TJ! I need to come by and check it out still!
Come on over, need to get more parts ordered for it this week!

#15 ·
mine was fine under the stickers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.