Adjustable Trac Bar and Ball Joint Questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT
Adjustable Trac Bar and Ball Joint Questions

Is there any other reason why I should invest in one? My truck has a shackle lift in the front, and I was told by Belle Tire a year ago that they could not bring my steering wheel straight because I do not have an adjustable trac-bar. Before investing in one, is there any other advantages to getting an adjustable trac-bar. My truck does appear to dog track down the road? I have watched my 99 go down the freeway in my 05 and did not see any dog tracking.

Also retarded question, but I have been surprised before. I need new ball joints now, and was thinking about going with Moog suspension again. Any other good brands out there. Moogs dead at 60K, but I know others would have failed sooner.

TIA!

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Adjustable Trac Bar and Ball Joint Questions

they should be able to bring your steering wheel straight, but your front axel will still be off center from the truck without the drop track bar bracket

did you lube your ball joints with every oil change? that's what the nipple is for on the joints and it will prolong the life of them.

2008 F-350 CC SB Lariat, 4wd, 20x12, 35x14.5, 4" lift w/ Bags, 4" Exhaust, IC Pipe, Elbow, S&B Intake, EGR Delete, Gearhead Tunes, Hellwig Sways, Recon Ltng

2000 Corvette - JT Trim Vortech

2007 HusaberG FS650

2008 RZR - Z1 Turbo
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Lost Cause

I went with ACDelco ball joints.

2016 F-350, FX4, CCLB, 6.7PSD, 7" OUO/ICON/FOX lift, 38x13.50-18 Toyo MT

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Is there any other reason why I should invest in one? My truck has a shackle lift in the front, and I was told by Belle Tire a year ago that they could not bring my steering wheel straight because I do not have an adjustable trac-bar. Before investing in one, is there any other advantages to getting an adjustable trac-bar? My truck does not appear to dog track down the road. I have watched my 99 go down the freeway in my 05 and did not see any dog tracking.

Also retarded question, but I have been surprised before. I need new ball joints now, and was thinking about going with Moog suspension again. Any other good brands out there. Moogs dead at 60K, but I know others would have failed sooner.

TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber Optik View Post
they should be able to bring your steering wheel straight, but your front axel will still be off center from the truck without the drop track bar bracket

did you lube your ball joints with every oil change? that's what the nipple is for on the joints and it will prolong the life of them.
I always greased them when I was under the truck doing the oil changes. Seemed like something to do to me while the 4 gallons of oil was pouring out . In the trucks defensive, they are 4 years old also, and my roads around here are not the smoothest.

I edited my first post in this quote because I can't change my original post, I meant the truck does not appear appear to dog track down the road.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode