Adding power windows and doors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Gray Boy

Adding power windows and doors

Ok I知 picking up parts for my 08 dash, door panel, and cab upgrade. Now as I知 doing these upgrades I知 wanting to do power windows and doors with keyless entry. Any brands or specific kits I should get. Please help me with my quest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Early 1999 Ford F-250 SD XL, 7.3L, 6 speed, extended cab, long bed, 4x4 off road, Reflexxion cowl hood, 05 headlights, Auto Meter z series gauges, Ford ASI air filter, TS 6 position chip, and Diamond eye 5 Turbo back exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:15 PM
alleged moderator

Re: Adding power windows and doors

it is not as easy as that. with these new trucks, everything is run through the computer.
so you can not just add the regulators and plug it in.
if the truck was not wired for power windows and door locks from factory, they can not be easily added without making your own wiring harness, or adding the appropriate wiring harness for power windows and locks.
on my 04 i cut 24 wires out of the passenger door and 36 out of the driver door harness into the cab, then replaced the driver side wires with 6 wires, and passenger side with 4.
driver side got power in ( 1 hot wire for windows, and 1 hot for door locks), 2 wires out to passenger door for windows, and 2 for door locks. i used the body for power in ground.
i then wired the switches myself to reverse polarity to raise and lower the driver window, and lock unlock the doors. the two wires off the driver door passenger window switch go straight out to the passenger door, and that switch will work correctly.
the other two wires going into the passenger door are for the door locks.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Gray Boy

Thank you I know it isn’t that easy. I’m not wanting factory but aftermarket. Aftermarket switches ran to the fuse panel power source coming from the battery, and running wires from one side to other. Basically a stand alone setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Early 1999 Ford F-250 SD XL, 7.3L, 6 speed, extended cab, long bed, 4x4 off road, Reflexxion cowl hood, 05 headlights, Auto Meter z series gauges, Ford ASI air filter, TS 6 position chip, and Diamond eye 5 Turbo back exhaust.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:44 PM
alleged moderator

Re: Adding power windows and doors

ok, so basically what i did.
i do not know how a remote setup would work with that though, because the keyless entry systems work through the GEM or vehicle security modules.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Carolina Gray Boy

I have seen some kits that come with keyless entry. I’m just don’t know what brand is any good same with power window kit. Which I would like to get opinions on what brands are worth getting.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Carolina Gray Boy

Double post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode