Harley Edition Trucks - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Harley Edition Trucks

Evening All,

I looked for a Harley Edition Forum and did not see one so I am going to post here. Moderators, feel free to move it if its in the wrong section.

So my wife and I moved to the Northern Virginia countryside. My wife is deathly afraid of the snow and especially driving in it. We have a 40X60 brick and mortar garage on the property I am turning into a motorcycle repair shop. "Plan B" as we have affectionately named our truck will get her to work in the snow and will be an excellent billboard for the bike shop business. So we found a 2004 orange and black F250 PowerStroke Super Duty Harley Davidson edition that was really good looking. THe only drawbacks were that it had not been bulletproofed and it had about 235,000 miles on it, a rusted out bed, and rust in the front bumper and it was rusted through under the middle cab light on the roof. Our plan was to repair it until a friend of mine sent pics of another orange and black one for sale with no rust and about 75,000 less miles. When we went to see the second truck, the dealership said it was on hold but they had another 2004 Harley edition with 150,000 miles, no rust, and it was pretty much stock. It was the black and gray (or silver) and we ended up trading in the first orange one for the black and gray one. Now that we have the black and gray one home, I want to start customizing and replacing parts. The first thing I want to find is the placard on the front center console with the VIN and the series number of the truck. I've gone to the dealerships and have come up empty. They said they can get them but then I would have to get them engraved. I've actually called Ford and they cant seem to be able to even track my VIN. Lastly, I've tried to get original information from a place called Marti Report and they have told me that my VIN is not the original VIN. Is my truck stolen? Where else, other than the dash can I find VIN plates? There is no longer any stickers in the door frames. I wanted to price out the emblems, the pinstripes, the windshield with the Harley/Ford logo on the bottom center of the windshield. I'd like all the info and history on these trucks as well like how many were made, what accessories each one had, etc. Looking forward to any help I can get.

Thanks!

islandhopper03
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Truck.jpg (23.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Second Truck.jpg (16.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Third Truck.jpg (33.2 KB, 14 views)

Thanks,
Roy
2004 F-250 6.0L Diesel Harley Davidson Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 PM
Ford Man

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Re: Harley Edition Trucks

Hello and welcome to the Nation. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The parts guy at the Ford dealership should be able to pull it right up with the VIN. If it comes back as something else, find out what that VIN belongs to. The dealership could not sell it to you without a valid VIN. If you get the run-around, pull a Carfax on it. Or, try the link below and see what comes up. If you find out something's amiss, take it right back to the dealer and and tell them they sold you a misrepresented truck. You paid for a Harley-Davidson Edition truck and by God that's what you want. If Marti says something's wrong...something's definitely wrong.

https://www.nicb.org/how-we-help/vincheck

Wood's 7.3
Old School Strokin'
2001 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
Lariat, 4X4 Off-Road, Crew-Cab, SB, AT
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 06:56 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandhopper03 View Post
Marti Report and they have told me that my VIN is not the original VIN. Is my truck stolen?

What does your VIN come back as? Can you pull a carfax on it just for good measure? a friend of mine is dealing with a similar situation.
In Cali they provide special construction VIN for trucks that are built up or rebuilt (definition varies and I'm not going to get into that)...
I may be wrong but the second picture looks like Davis Offroad VA lot(not that it matters ). I used to live close by years ago...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 07:03 PM
PSN Newb

Also, do check on the passenger side on the frame upper rail for VIN( in some cases partial VIN).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode