sinister diesel charge pipes in ca? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
jer
PSN Newb

sinister diesel charge pipes in ca?

A buddy and I were recently looking at trucks at the local dealerships and saw a truck with sinister diesel charge pipes, that apparently passed smog. Has anyone ever passed visual inspection in ca with aftermarket pipes? or any other aftermarket parts for that matter?

99.5 7.3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:38 AM
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4

Re: sinister diesel charge pipes in ca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer View Post
A buddy and I were recently looking at trucks at the local dealerships and saw a truck with sinister diesel charge pipes, that apparently passed smog. Has anyone ever passed visual inspection in ca with aftermarket pipes? or any other aftermarket parts for that matter?
I know a guy who has a Ford diesel truck with some aftermarket stuff on it, here in California. He passes his test every time.

I, myself, would of course never advocate for such illegal activities in our [once] great State, but I my friend does. Also, his smog guy has been doing inspections on all of his vehicles for 15+ years, so he's pretty familiar with his stuff. But he would never permit any such un-authorized equipment to be installed or used upon any highway-driven motor vehicle that he inspects. However, from time-to-time, he might miss seeing some minor detail on a diesel vehicle. And often times people will do modifications AFTER the vehicle gets inspected (and he has no control over that), but as long as it passes the PCM/computer check, and passes the "snap-throttle" smoke test, then it's all good...

Al in SoCal
AFE Intake; Garrett 38R; Turbine Jacket; Banks IC, BanksBrake
Melling LPOP, External Oil Cooler & Filter System
Stealth 4-line Twin HPOP,
Swamps 160/30's, HVHF IDM; DP-Tuner F5
Full R-R Fuel System, Pre-& Post-pump filtration
Mishimoto Rad & Tank; 4" Exhaust, Twin Aussie Stacks
SouthBend D-D Clutch; ZF 6-spd, GearVendors O/U Drive
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 02:28 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer View Post
I have 5 inch exhaust system with 4 inch down pipe. I pass SMOG quite easily. Note that my 2000 PSD did not come with CAT from factory, so that plays well for me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:14 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay View Post
I have 5 inch exhaust system with 4 inch down pipe. I pass SMOG quite easily. Note that my 2000 PSD did not come with CAT from factory, so that plays well for me.
You're not playing on a level playing field

2014 F350 King Ranch
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:49 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by two0seven View Post
You're not playing on a level playing field
I hear you. It's also one of reasons I do not want to sell.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
jer
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay View Post
my truck never had a CAT from factory either and I installed a 4 in turbo back and passed smog easily lol

99.5 7.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode