Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Question Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Hey gang! Got a quagmire & need some help. I have an 01 F250SD/ 7.3 Supercab & my passenger Supercab door is stuck closed. The top half opens just fine, but the bottom won't budge. Any wisdom is deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

If latches are free, brute force.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:51 PM
PSN Newb

More than likely your door latch cable has a broken plastic end on it. This allows too much play in the cable and it won't trip the latch. Ford sells a whole latch assy for big bucks or you can go aftermarket and just replace the broken plastic with new metal ends, like most folks (including me). Check out these ends on ebay .
The replacement procedure can be found on you tube in a bunch of videos. At a minimum, I would suggest doing both upper and lower cables on the bad door so you don't have to go back in there 6 months later for the one you didn't do. The best plan would be to set aside a six pack and an afternoon and do both rear doors, it isn't a hard job and will last for years.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 01:24 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

slim chance it'll help out here, but here's my situation: my driver side supercab door gets stuck, but its just in need of adjustment. i have to hold open the latch, then press into the door pretty good and it 'pops', lets go, and opens :)

but i agree,you might have a broken part!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis19 View Post
More than likely your door latch cable has a broken plastic end on it. This allows too much play in the cable and it won't trip the latch. Ford sells a whole latch assy for big bucks or you can go aftermarket and just replace the broken plastic with new metal ends, like most folks (including me). Check out these ends on ebay .
The replacement procedure can be found on you tube in a bunch of videos. At a minimum, I would suggest doing both upper and lower cables on the bad door so you don't have to go back in there 6 months later for the one you didn't do. The best plan would be to set aside a six pack and an afternoon and do both rear doors, it isn't a hard job and will last for years.
I've heard there's a fix out there on the web where you cut off the plastic end & crimp a metal replacement on. Anyone heard of this or know where to find it?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:30 PM
alleged moderator

https://www.ebay.com/i/173287017168?chn=ps
very easy to fix.
hardest part is getting the door open to repair it.
once open, remove the door panels and then remove the cables. you will see the broken ferrule on the end of the cable. put the new one on and put it back in the door.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thumbs up Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
https://www.ebay.com/i/173287017168?chn=ps
very easy to fix.
hardest part is getting the door open to repair it.
once open, remove the door panels and then remove the cables. you will see the broken ferrule on the end of the cable. put the new one on and put it back in the door.
Thank you so much for this link, tjctransport! I found a seller with 100% positive feedback & I will be ordering the repair kit very soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode