2004 Driving/Fog light mod - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

2004 Driving/Fog light mod

OK, I have a 2004 350, and for me to be able to use my driving lights, I have to have the headlights on so the switch will pull out, and then the headlights have to be on dim. I see supordutys every now and then with the driving lights on WITHOUT the headlights being on. My question is, is there a modification to be able to do this, or did certain models have the ability to turn the switch on without the headlights being on, or did they more than likely not have the driving lights to begin with, and installed them with a seperate switch? Ive seen a couple of people whos truck description said fog light mod, so I was wondering what that was....anybody know what it is and what it does and how to do it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: 2004 Driving/Fog light mod

you should be able to pull the headlight switch out with just ur park lights on, mine will anyways, i have a britebox on mine now so the foggers will stay on with my brights

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Mine wont (wouldnt) pull out unless the headlights were on, but I just now got done tearing into my switch, and there was a plastic "ramp" in there that forced the driving lights to the off position when you turned the switch from headlights to park lights, so after figuring out how to remove the knob (turn it to headlight, pull it out, and insert a small screwdriver into the slot on the bottom of the knob and push in the retainer), I filed the ramp on back a little bit more, so now it will pull out in park position, but will not pull out with parking lights off, and tried to shape it the way it was. I didnt even have to jump any wires leading to the switch or anything, because I was thinking that they may be powered by a relay when the headlights are on, but nope, I made the switch pull out, and they work!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Scab

When my truck was new, I could use the parking and fog lights. My headlight switch went bad and after the dealer replaced it I had to have my headlights on to turn on my parking lights. Thanks for posting this, I plan on trying it. What did you use to fill it?

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 06:14 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think he meant "file"

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Scab

Yeah that makes more sense. I would have figured it out when I pulled it apart.

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well, once I got the knob off, I forgot to say I had to get the face plate loose from the main body of the switch, which I did by slightly grinding/filing down the plastic tabs until the fit through the holes, then you have to squeeze one small retainer together inside where the knob went, and it comes apart pretty easy. Once inside, you can see what needs filed down by examining how it all works, there is a small round piece extending from the main shaft, and thats what rides on the 'ramp" in there. I used a small square file and my dremel with a straight small grinding stone tip on it and simply made the flat section extend out further before ramping up. Im not the best at explaining stuff, but I figured it out pretty easily, so you shouldnt have a problem. I think the hardest part was figuring out how the d*mn knob came off...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 07:50 AM
PSN Local

Thats what I had to do on my 03 F-250. Their should be a mod write up on it somewhere. Cant remember what forum I got it from lol

F-250 Superduty
PowerstrokeNation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rip 06 you will be missed
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 10:31 PM
PSN Local

On my 04 I can turn the fogs on with just the running lights, strange how some do and some dont...

2004 F-250 6.0
117,XXX miles
05 front end conversion
Innovative's SCT tunes
ISSPRO EV LED gauges
7 inch single... straight piped
3 inch lift
18X9 XD Series Hoss
35" Toyo m/t's
Train horns
5% Tint

Best 1/4 - 13.96 at 95.46 MPH
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
The Oracle

Send a message via AIM to BigRed97

the switch im putting in my 99 is for an 02 and it pulls out for fogs with just the parking lights on

CCLB with some stuff done .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode