Stock Michelin tire psi, what do you guys run?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Freak

Stock Michelin tire psi, what do you guys run??

Hey guys,

For those of you with the stock Michelin tires on your Super Duty (mine an 03 F-250), what tire pressure do you guys run?

Ive heard lots of varying number from guys. The fact. spec. is 55 front 70 rear 4x4 SRW, but thats for loaded trucks hauling/towing, so ive heard.

I run about 60ish in all four tires. What do you guys think?

-2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.0L Powerstroke, RC, LB, Delta pro tool box, S&B cold air intake and intake elbow, 3 1/2" downpipe to 4" pipe to 6" mitre cut Grand Rock stacks, EGR delete, EGT, Boost, Trans. Temp., and volt autometer gauges, added cab lights, lots of small stuff, 106,500 miles.

More to come, I have a LONG wishlist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Stock Michelin tire psi, what do you guys run??

I run what it says to run on the sidewall of the tires.......

02 f250
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
riverjet

55/70 empty

2001 f250 xlt reg cab 4x4,7.3 stock injectors,water/meth,ITP rr,walbro,5/8 pu,BD/MANN ccv,DP F5,OILGUARD,stock turbo,WW,ATS,1.0 exh.housing,high flow outlet,MBRP4",Billet 3-disk,built trans,Billsteins,11 ISSPRO PERFORMAX gauges,Scan gauge,08 rear cover,350 blocks,x-springs,AFE stg2/pg7,P265/75r16 NITTO Terragrapplers.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
PSN Veteran

when empty' there is more wgt on the frt than the rear. I read on a bfg info sometime ago. Rule of thumb is air them up so you can only get a credit card 1/4" under the side of the tread. They said that gives you the optimum contact patch on the pavement. Which will have more psi in frt than the rr. I did that with my sb 4X4 and the tire wear was great. On my dually I only use it for an occasional trip to Lowe's or towing my 12K+ toyhauler so I run 70 frt & 75 in the rr. Rides a little rough without the trailer but it tows much more than going to the store so I leave it at that psi.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
riverjet

True points. I have over 50k on mine and I like to induce a little oversteer with higher rear pressures.I did try a helwig rear swaybar to dial in more oversteer but it caused the rear to hop around on uneven surfaces so I removed it and went back to 70lbs.

2001 f250 xlt reg cab 4x4,7.3 stock injectors,water/meth,ITP rr,walbro,5/8 pu,BD/MANN ccv,DP F5,OILGUARD,stock turbo,WW,ATS,1.0 exh.housing,high flow outlet,MBRP4",Billet 3-disk,built trans,Billsteins,11 ISSPRO PERFORMAX gauges,Scan gauge,08 rear cover,350 blocks,x-springs,AFE stg2/pg7,P265/75r16 NITTO Terragrapplers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode