tires....again... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

tires....again...

I know ALOT of people here run and recomend Toyo tires. My question is about Parnelli Jones. I've ran a set of 36x14.50's for years. there not on the truck now since I pcs'ed since I lost my lug nuts. What is everyones opinions on them? They did great in the mud and the sand. So what do ya'll think of them, other than the fact that they are a bit on the pricy side. Thanks

2001 F-250 auto 4x4
4" lift 36x14.40x16
WW and housing
crap chip
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

more and better mods coming soon
[url=http://www.myarmedforces.com] [img]http://signatures.myarmedforces.com/images/9/22039/military_signature.png[img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM
PSN Local

Re: tires....again...

37x13.5x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers! 41x14.5x18 Super Swamper Iroks are my next buy! my buddy has parnelli jones and likes them. good traction on street and dirt. also do well when roads are wet.

2000 f-350 eclb lariet 7.3l, 8" lift, 18" rockstars, 37" nittos,projector headlights, euro tailights, recon led third brake light, recon clear cab lights, pocket flares, auto to 6 speed swap, south bend clutch,edge juice/attitude, superchips stacked, 5" exhaust to 6" stacks, diy intake.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Back in Black

super swampers are a waste of $

loud, dont last long, lugs off of tires are know for comming off.

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken View Post
super swampers are a waste of $

loud, dont last long, lugs off of tires are know for comming off.
no super swampers are not a waste of money, you just don't buy bias for the street. i'm buying irok radials next, not bias. i have tsl/sx on my '94 street jeep wrangler, but my jeep doesn't weigh a lot. weight and pavement is what grinds the tread off. i also have boggers on my '79 bronco mudder, and pitbull rockers on my '91 rock crawler jeep. these tires serve there purpose in the area they were designed, but yes bias are not worth the money for a full size diesel on the street. i would go through 2 sets of boggers, before i would go through one set of nittos

2000 f-350 eclb lariet 7.3l, 8" lift, 18" rockstars, 37" nittos,projector headlights, euro tailights, recon led third brake light, recon clear cab lights, pocket flares, auto to 6 speed swap, south bend clutch,edge juice/attitude, superchips stacked, 5" exhaust to 6" stacks, diy intake.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM
28 cent #2

My buddy had some 35's on a f150 and they lasted a long time rode good and were never too loud imo
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl4412 View Post
My buddy had some 35's on a f150 and they lasted a long time rode good and were never too loud imo
35" what? boggers? i can tell you that i put my boggers on my 4,500# jeep and you could here me coming 3 miles away. jeeps don't ride that well as it is so i can say the ride was bad from the tires. can't say how long they would last on the road, only had them on it once, then they went to the bronco.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
99 superduty on 22.5

the tires on this truck are 37x12.5x16 ssr's. they made 1 trip from texas to cali and back, 1 to virginia and back, and all the way to alaska from texas. they were on the truck for three years before i sold the truck and it was my daily driver everyday on the highway. when i sold it they had probly 25% tread left. so supper swampers are not a waste of money.

and they were awsome in the mud.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0224.JPG (905.9 KB, 32 views)

99 f350 22.5 alcoa's 8" fabtech lift, superchips and edge juice with attitude.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 AM
PSN Local

your tires are ssr, which are radials, which will last longer than a big tread bias. the tread on an ssr is pretty uniform with no big lugs stickin out to get ground off. you wouldn't make thos trips on a bogger or tsl or irok bias. i would bet money on that. i know quite a few people that run the ssr on light trucks, like tacoma's and jeeps, they really get the miles out of them on those lighter trucks

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM
28 cent #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke710 View Post
35" what? boggers? i can tell you that i put my boggers on my 4,500# jeep and you could here me coming 3 miles away. jeeps don't ride that well as it is so i can say the ride was bad from the tires. can't say how long they would last on the road, only had them on it once, then they went to the bronco.
35 parnellis.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode