Looking for more lift any ideas? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Looking for more lift any ideas?

I have a 6" lift now and i am looking to go another 4-5" with ladder bars.. Not really looking to spend alot more either.. This is it now..Anyone have any ideas?

'03 6.0 CrewCab FX4 6" lift.. 38x15.5x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers on Moto Metal MO954 wheels straight piped and Looney tuned..

Slicker then snot on a chickens lip...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Texas7.3

Re: Looking for more lift any ideas?

is it coil over or leafs?

02' f-350 8-inch lift 40's 5" exhaust, 6 position chip from david at DI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chris
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 AM
PSN Veteran

i have 3" icon hangars, they are great, kinda expensive but it may be the ticket for you. they even have a 4.5 hangar kit

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

99.5 F250/ VGT 5.9 CR Cummins4 link front and rear air ride

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 AM
PSN Veteran

If you stay under 9" then it is going to be cheaper... start going over 10-12 and it starts really costing $$ to do it right...

Contact the Pro... DCspecial.. or Marty at Truck Toyz!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
PSN Local

Sky manuf. has a shackle-hanger kit that is 4.5 inches for around 400 bucks. they also have a rear flip kit that is 4.5 inches. Better than stacking blocks!

Rollin' Black Smoke!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
PSN Veteran

You have past the cheap point over 9". New shocks, swaybar links, crossover steering, brake hoses, high angle front drive shaft or indexing ring and crossmembe. The Sky rear flip is a great way to go. OR Fabtech makes a 3" drop. Plan on 2K+ to go up 4-5"

Tony

02 Excursion CR conversion with a few go fast parts
The truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
should have built

FOR SALE
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 AM
PSN Local

either do cut out fender flares and have a body shop put them on right or get your fenders "tucked and rolled" but a body shop. This way you keep the same suspension but make bigger openings in the fenders for larger meats, also you don't fall over in a stiff breeze.

micky
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:34 PM
reluctant ford fan

Hadnt heard of Sky before this, so thanks for the pointer! My X is currently lifted about 3 with front & rear springs. If I wanted to go up another 2, Skys front hanger system would be an economical way to get there up front. In back, the X has the stock blocks which I believe are 2.5 or close to. Could I use Skys rear flip (+4.5) and get rid of the stock blocks (-2.5) to come up with a net of 2 lift in back, or are the blocks needed? Any reason I wouldnt want to go this way?

04 X/4wd/EB/6.no-leaker thanks to Strictly Diesel!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Evil Genius

As mentioned, once you go over 9" of lift it starts to get pricey with the need for crossover steering, relocated trac bar setup, etc..

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
PSN Local

what about a 3" body lift or are body lifts not popular anymore? they are cheap. i personally don't like to see a lot of frame, which can come a long with a body lift. you could go 3" body, a 2" hanger in the front, and a 2" block or add-a-leaf in the rear. there you would have 4-5"s of lift. that would be cheap and you wouldn't have any driveline issues. i have 8"s of suspension on mine without any driveline issues. just wanted to throw my opion out there.

2000 f-350 eclb lariet 7.3l, 8" lift, 18" rockstars, 37" nittos,projector headlights, euro tailights, recon led third brake light, recon clear cab lights, pocket flares, auto to 6 speed swap, south bend clutch,edge juice/attitude, superchips stacked, 5" exhaust to 6" stacks, diy intake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode