Tires - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Back in Black

Tires

I know this has been brought up many of times and yall have to be getting tired of reading that title. butttt......

I have 35x12.50-20 toyo open country right now, had about 2 months and they get the horrible traction, i guess just too much "power" for an MT tire. i want to sell them why they still have VERY good tread life and buy somthing different.

What tire do yall reccoment in that size or wider, that wont make my truck look stupid silly (all out street tire) but some AT tire i guess that look a little more aggressive but will get better traction?

Thankss

2009 F-250 ccsb black/black

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Ticking time bomb

Re: Tires

Procomp at's 305
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
PowerStroke Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by groomzybanshe View Post
Procomp at's 305
I have a set of these,I have had them rebalanced three times. now two have more then twelve ounces of weight on them the are cupping and vibrate allways(fingers get numb on wheel). do not buy procomp tires! they will not support them when you have problems!!!!!AND there is no problems mechanical on my truck like they are trying to say!!!different tire shop verified that!

2003 SD 6.0 CC grey/black 195000KMS 4" lift 35" procomp extreme at

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Ticking time bomb

My dad had them on his dully for 45k with no problems and I had them for 40k with no problems. Your sig says you have the extreme at's and that's not even the Tire I mention aboved.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Back in Black

can a mod move this to general aftermarket, i thought thats where i was when i posted it

Lowered 4400lb spring, 20x10 MM962, Nitto 420, traction bars, 5" exhaust 7" MBRP black stack, SCT - Innovative tunes, IDP cold side IC pipe, MPD trans. Blacked outtttt
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 AM
PSN Local

The Mickey Thompson baja atz's are my best recommendation. I had them on my 00 f250 reg cab lb and they were excellent. They rode great, wore great, were not loud, did great off road, and they still look awesome on a stock or lifted truck. They are not the cheapest tire but you definitely get what you pay for!! I will put some 37's on my 99 when the toyo's on it wear out.

late 99 SC-LB, php 6 position tc chip, 5" exhaust, afe intake, BTS transmissiion, gillette diesel rebuilt injectors, 4.5" lift, 38/15.5r20 toyo open countries, 4.11 gearing, 05 harley headlight conversion and some appearance mods..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Back in Black

im thinking maybe just keep the mt's and get new rims and slicks for the track?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode