Powered Sub Under Front Center Seat? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnance865

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Powered Sub Under Front Center Seat?

I have a 2000 F-250 Super Cab Lariat with the 40/20/40 bench seat in the front. I am wanting to add a subwoofer for a little more bass, mainly to take pressure off the speakers. I have been looking at Kicker, Alpine, and Cerwin Vega as they make compact sub/amp combo boxes meant to fit under seats. Usually they go under either the driver or passenger seat, but I am wondering if I can fit it in between the front center seat and the transmission tunnel hump. These boxes are only about 3 inches tall and meant to slide in tight spots like this. Has anybody done this or seen it done before? This would be the best scenario if it is possible. These boxes are ready to wire and use for only about $250.
Strokersace likes this.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Re: Powered Sub Under Front Center Seat?

I haven't seen it. My guess is to pull the seat and see if you can build a custom box under it

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 PM
PSN Veteran

I did this years and years ago in another truck. They actually make a box that replaces the 20 seat. I believe its called a stealth box by jl. I got a knock off that the center console bolted right up to on fleabay for about 100 bucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Luddite in Charge

Those powered console boxes have much to be desired for. Even 'name' you think of quality like JL ends up being junk, they stuff the chittiest woofer they make that's glowing red at 200RMS and people expect miracles out of it. It's awkward and annoying to have a vibrating box under your arm all the time too, and even though bass is omnidirectional you can still tell it's coming from somewhere....wrong.

The JL my buddy bought was over $700 and surprisingly for JL complete junk. The woofer wasn't even a known JL line like WS series or any of the other knowns... It was just a tiny magnet with little to no markings to reveal it's identity

I've written a few things about lifting the back seat for deep Xmax subs and also about the availability of dual 8/10/12 under seat boxes ($90) that are direct fit with no mods, all you gotta do is hide a much bigger amp now that you have room to choose a pair of subs that can really move some air.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode