View Poll Results: Line-x or paint
Line-x 18 75.00%
paint 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

Line-x or Paint

Ok guys so Im going all color matched on my truck but Ive been debating what to do with my bumpers recently.

I would like to paint them the color of the truck but my major concern here is rock chips and the paint not holding up since this truck is my daily driver and sees the highway and long trips a lot.

Also do you guys know much it typically costs to get two bumpers painted or line-xed?

So Id like your guys opinions on whether you think color matched line-x would still go well with the rest of the truck or not?

Also guys with painted bumpers how does it hold up?

All input will help.

The biggest thing Im looking for input on is how well will the paint hold up with all the crap that gets thrown up on the highway and everything

Here are pics of the truck as it sits now. More stuff is in the works. Thanks

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I know nothing...

Re: Line-x or Paint

A friend had his burban red linexed top to bottom. Looked bichen! It blends in well, mostly has to do with the guy and gun so get pics from sprays he's done and check his work.

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Leave it the truck looks good the way it is.

06 F350 CC LB 4x4 with a few odds and ends

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM
don't be that guy

Not trying to hyjack the thread or anything, but im starting this process on my 09 that is navy blue. just too much chrome for my liking. i have a buddy that works for Keystone automotive and weve been kicking around the idea of having the bumpers and grill powder coated. i'll post up the info as i get it here if you dont mind. im concerned about the rock chips too, since mine is a daily driver and sees quite a few gravel roads...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4"MBRP exhaust, tymar DIY intake,DP tuner F-5,gauges of course,accurate built tranny

2009 F-250 CC short bed spartan,intake and exhaust on the way!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

yeah definitley post up what you find, I was thinking about powder coating as well but didnt know if it would shine like regular paint would and end up looking goofy so Im curious to see what you come up with

99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
Leave it the truck looks good the way it is.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

See Im just not a big chrome guy though, Ive always been a bigger fan of the color matched look. The only truck of mine where the chrome gille and bumpers lasted was my 86

99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Just another OBS addict

I think paint would add more of a "street" look to the truck, whereas line-x would be more of an "off-road" look. As far as the paint chipping goes, I'm guessing it wouldnt be all that bad, considering that most cars and SUV's have painted bumpers these days and they don't chip too bad. If you take it off-road alot, that'd probably be a different story. But like you said, it sees mostly highway use. So, I don't think I could really decide. I might pick line-x. Paint would probably look good, but I'm not a fan of trucks that look like they're just show trucks. Line-x gets my vote. And didn't you line-x the bumper on ur '95? That looked good, so I'm guessing it would on ur SD as well.

1995 F250 SCLB 4X4 Auto - '97 D60/10.5" rear, 4.5" PMF RSK/V's, PMF Trac Bars, Sway Bars, MBRP Exhaust, DP F5, Efuel, RRD Diff Cover, Tymar Intake, Isspro Performaxs/Quad Pod, Recon Cab Lights, 05 Lariat SD Steering Wheel
FF250/2's, ARP Studs, Comp Beehives, Smith Bros Pushrods, 1.15 38r, RRD Boost Fooler, 99.5+ Intake, SD 7.3 IC
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Was PSD0389

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherstroker6 View Post
I think paint would add more of a "street" look to the truck, whereas line-x would be more of an "off-road" look. As far as the paint chipping goes, I'm guessing it wouldnt be all that bad, considering that most cars and SUV's have painted bumpers these days and they don't chip too bad. If you take it off-road alot, that'd probably be a different story. But like you said, it sees mostly highway use. So, I don't think I could really decide. I might pick line-x. Paint would probably look good, but I'm not a fan of trucks that look like they're just show trucks. Line-x gets my vote.
Good points

This truck never goes mudding and never will.

My OBS I herculined my rockers and rear bumper and had the Iron bull that was sprayed with a liner as well and I really liked the way that looked but Im not really going for an off road rig look on this but thats why Im looking for opinons

99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
PSN Veteran

Here is a guy from one of the other sites that powdercoated his black:

2005 F350 Crew Cab 4x4

PMF Rear Leaf Spring Conversion w/2011 Leaf Springs
20" Harley Wheels 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
SCT X3 w/GearHead Tunes
Amp Steps, Bedrug, HID's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode