2003 Ford F-350 7.3l - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2003 Ford F-350 7.3l

I bought a 7.3l dually has a 129k on it I want to tow a 3 Car goose neck and want to upgrade the motor and components to make the ride better on long hauls Iím up grading the suspension to airbags self leveling and want to upgrade the motor components and exhaust for performance and reliability any thoughts would be great of what is the best parts and maybe sites to order from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 02:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 2003 Ford F-350 7.3l

That is one damn long sentence there buddy lol.

If just for towing then I donít see any reason why you would need to upgrade the injectors just get a nice tuner say hydra or ts 6 position delete the pedestal delete AIH get a wicked wheel 2 to clean up the low/top end torque and prevent surge upgrade the transmission cooler and last upgrade 4Ē SS Exhaust you should be set

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​ DieselDC View Post
That is one damn long sentence there buddy lol.

If just for towing then I donít see any reason why you would need to upgrade the injectors just get a nice tuner say hydra or ts 6 position delete the pedestal delete AIH get a wicked wheel 2 to clean up the low/top end torque and prevent surge upgrade the transmission cooler and last upgrade 4Ē SS Exhaust you should be set

Haha thatís how I like me sentences long a drawn out

Yea I was thinking either the hydra or edge tuner

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 02:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Lol. The edge tuner such as the cts2 pro I think -has hydra built in and you can get tunes from hydra. Visit swamps or cncfab and they should be able to hook you up with that and some more items.

I went with hydra and use the cts2 for monitoring (kinda). I use my mechanical gauges more. The cts2 is mainly for pulling codes - kinda slow though haha.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Lol. The edge tuner such as the cts2 pro I think -has hydra built in and you can get tunes from hydra. Visit swamps or cncfab and they should be able to hook you up with that and some more items.

I went with hydra and use the cts2 for monitoring (kinda). I use my mechanical gauges more. The cts2 is mainly for pulling codes - kinda slow though haha.

Yea that sounds like a good route to go Iíll see what I look into with the tuner and see how it all looks, installing the air bag system now all 4 corners and 5th wheel with airbags as well should be a smooth ride

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Good let us know what you chose and take pics:)

Air bags are expensive and Iím too cheap. So I drive with the rough 19.5 G tires lol. Itís smooth when Iím on pavement but dammit I hate driving through neighborhoods with chit tons of speed bumps - air bags would been nice then haha

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
PSN Veteran

2003 Ford F-350 7.3l

Wait I do have airbags on the rears but I just never use it b/c I have to manually air them up - see how cheap I am?!!! All it needs is an air compressor but that costs some mo way to setup. By all this time, I think my bags are rotted to chit anyways.

Edit just checked to make sure they were still there - maybe like 10+ old

IMG_1981.jpg

Chit if you was arounds here I would give them to you - thatís if they were still usable haha.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Wait I do have airbags on the rears but I just never use it b/c I have to manually air them up - see how cheap I am?!!! All it needs is an air compressor but that costs some mo way to setup. By all this time, I think my bags are rotted to chit anyways.

Yea I got the 22.5 Alcoa Dura brights not a bad ride either but what a difference it will make with these bags. Mine is 2wd so no front leafs so those went in easily the rears are a little more work but well worth it. And with the self leveling will def help with heavy loads the 5th wheel has its own airbags as well the kit Iíve actually bought in pieces a little at a time so didnít kill me money wise. The rear bags are actually out of a peterbilt oil truck that the cab burnt so those were free as well as the rims the 5th wheel was the most expensive in one shot. A compressor and tank really arenít that bad in price just have to shop around really

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:18 PM
PSN Veteran

What brand 5th did you get? I got a 16k husky and that sob just sits here - itís damn near back breaking lifting that sob onto the back - so every trailer Iíve converted all to GN if they didnít come that way lol.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
What brand 5th did you get? I got a 16k husky and that sob just sits here - itís damn near back breaking lifting that sob onto the back - so every trailer Iíve converted all to GN if they didnít come that way lol.

I have the ts3 from http://www.trailersaver.com/product/ts3-air-ride-hitch/

Has a trailer weight for 25k

​ DieselDC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode