Limerick Transmission - WARNING - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Limerick Transmission - WARNING

Be warned:

December 2015 I had them rebuild my transmission. (2002 F350 4x4 Diesel 4r100) Told them I wanted the upgraded clutch packs, valve bodies, torque converter, synthetic fluid, etc. Paid just south of $3,000.

Shortly thereafter my brother's 2004 F150 4x4 5.4L tranny went. We had no reason to avoid the scumbags at Limerick yet, so my brother took his truck there. Long story short, they unsuccessfully rebuild his transmission 2x, and bought a junkyard transmission which also got rebuilt 2x before the truck was driveable. In that period (6 MONTHS) my brother ended up buying another truck, and sold the 04 F150 to some poor soul.

Well, last month, under 2 years and less than 20k miles the transmission in my F350 crapped out. Sensing that they would try to screw with me, I checked the fluid level before I brought it to them, and VIDEO RECORDED IT. Found my warranty paperwork (3-year/36k miles) and brought it to them. They took it for a test drive, and assured me "no problem, it will be covered under warranty." 2 weeks later they call me to let me know it was "3 quarts low and will not be covered." I told them that is bull####, I checked it, video recorded myself checking it, and they were lying. They then decided to say it was leaking fluid. It was not. They then said the owner was out of state on vacation. He may be, but I doubt it. I told them that I will take them to court if they don't fix it at chich time the argument became heated and I ended up hanging up on them.

AVOID THESE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!

Limerick Transmission
63 Washington St
Limerick, ME 04048
(207) 793-2147

~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203*TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: Limerick Transmission - WARNING

Damn. Sorry you had to find out those guys were hacks the hard way.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Limerick Transmission - WARNING

Thanks. I'm SOOOO pissed at myself, a mere $700 more I could have had a Ford HD transmission. Live and learn. I hate scumbags.

~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203*TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in