4r100 Built transmissions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

4r100 Built transmissions

I searched and can not find much about animal performance transmissions does anyone have info on there trans and billet torque converter they claim 800 hp and have a fair price at 3550 for trans converter and deep aluminum pan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Re: 4r100 Built transmissions

I do not know anything about Animal but check out Sam Wyse also

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'll have to I just want a good trans that will handle power and last I'll be pushing around 500 hp but still pull 20000 pounds

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 01:12 PM
PSN Local

Are you local to the shop ? Or are you going to have to have it shipped ? The reason I ask is its never a good idea to buy from a shop that you won't be able to actually take the truck to if there is a problem, The shop that assembled it will always question whether it was installed correctly ? or whether the system was properly flushed prior to install, and its difficult to diagnose an issue long distance over the phone, transmission diagnosis is something even experienced auto techs have a problem doing correctly, unless you know how the transmission works internally , ie what clutch packs are on when ? and what elements are holding when, then you're flying blind, codes are simply the computers way of saying something is wrong, but seldom if ever point to the exact problem.

I would suggest finding a local shop with a good reputation and go talk with them about building a unit to hold up to what you will be doing,

This is coming from someone who has been building transmissions going on 32yrs,

Good luck!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 01:51 PM

You go have a good point about finding someone local. But on the other hand. There are a hand full of venders that have proven them selves as being the best in the business. There is a few trade secrets that go into it also. Itís hard to justify spending $3500 and it keeps having problems and then they just give up on the warranty. Iíve seen it a few times on the forums. It sounds like you know what your doing but a lot of people donít have a clue. One instance i remember is they used a gasser rated torque converter and it couldnít handle to power of a stock diesel and took out the trans. I think itís harder to find a good local guy that can build one to your liking and it will hold and honor the warranty. Thatís why lots of people have one shipped in.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 02:44 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
You go have a good point about finding someone local. But on the other hand. There are a hand full of venders that have proven them selves as being the best in the business. There is a few trade secrets that go into it also. Itís hard to justify spending $3500 and it keeps having problems and then they just give up on the warranty. Iíve seen it a few times on the forums. It sounds like you know what your doing but a lot of people donít have a clue. One instance i remember is they used a gasser rated torque converter and it couldnít handle to power of a stock diesel and took out the trans. I think itís harder to find a good local guy that can build one to your liking and it will hold and honor the warranty. Thatís why lots of people have one shipped in.
True, there are a lot of guys out there calling themselves builders who are nothing more than parts changers, I know some of the big name performance transmission builders put together good units, but the prices they charge are in most cases ridiculous, I know what those parts cost, lol,, and wish I could get that kind of markup,,, , I take issue with a lot of them also because they claim the parts they use are " theirs " and imply they use different parts than other companies, truth be told in most cases the billet parts or heavy duty parts are made by a small handful of companies and they buy them just the same as I can.

I bench build units for automotive shops within driving distance in my area, my customers know if there is ever an issue with a unit I will go to there shop and figure it out, No having to talk to someone over the phone who is going to want line pressure readings and other info. Depending on where the OP lives, he might be surprised that he could find someone within driving distance that has experience with building performance units for trucks, with the popularity of diesels and tuners over the past few years, a lot of shops have realized the potential profit in that market, I probably do more Dodge units now than either Ford or Chevy, New parts and newer design clutch materials have been released in the last couple years as well.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 04:30 PM

Not to derail to much but how would you keep a 68rfe together at 550-600. You could pm me if you like.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:53 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
Not to derail to much but how would you keep a 68rfe together at 550-600. You could pm me if you like.
pm sent ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode