I just bought my first Ford but hate the rims and tires! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I just bought my first Ford but hate the rims and tires!

Personally I like a rim and tire that sits more in the wheel well. I would also like to go from the 35 inch tall that are on it to a 33 inch tall on a 17 or 18 inch rim...it's just not my style. So I try to read everything before posting and if I understand correctly a stock room is like a +40 offset. .??? I would really like a tire and rim combination that would not only puts smaller tires on but move the tire more underneath the truck. It does have a 4 inch lift and I was thinking like a 275 70 r18 or a 285 70 r17 tire. For a 18 inch rim the offset of +20 the back space is like 5.75. Or it comes in a offset or 1 and a backspace of 5. Only reason I've been looking at 18s is because there is a lot more selection the 17s are more limited but are less expensive. I included pictures of my truck I guess I'm just getting old and like it to be a little more user-friendly I only bought it because it was in great condition otherwise. I'm just trying to wrap my head around doing it right without rubbiN' Thank you is advance for the read and the advice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.jpg (11.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1529.jpg (12.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1519.jpg (25.2 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 08:13 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: I just bought my first Ford but hate the rims and tires!

welcome to the forum! & welcome to fords!
i agree with you on the rims and tires, i like them underneath the vehicle lol! given the 4" of lift, i want to say your truck should have no problem rubbing with 17" stock offset rims & 285/75/17s which are a 33" tire iirc. but id like to hear more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Native Texan

Garage

to the nation. Yap those wheels suck. Im thinking bout doing an axle swap on my truck out of a newer e450 but it will add an extra 1 on each side and im trying to decide if the disk brakes and heavier axle are worth that.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thank you, the paint is in such great shape soon as I start taking it up and down the dirt roads that won't last long.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 11:47 PM
alleged moderator

look at the 2011 and newer rims.
the 18 inch rims will bolt rite on to your truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014.jpg (15.8 KB, 23 views)

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
look at the 2011 and newer rims.
the 18 inch rims will bolt rite on to your truck.

Absent of finding a stock rim. Would you happen to know what offset/backspace should I look for in an aftermarket one that will come close to meeting my needs?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:39 AM
alleged moderator

no idea on that, i do not run aftermarket.
Spectre77 likes this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
no idea on that, i do not run aftermarket.
So I've been searching for stock rims and I found several I like but they're all from 2016 or 2017 Ford super duty's will those all straight on or do I need an adapter for the 2003 truck like some of the ads are saying? Thank you
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:53 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Bolt pattern is the same from 99 to present I'm pretty sure

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:54 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

They might be talking about spacers rather than adapters, who knows. I've read some strange things on adds before lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode