dually spacers? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99
dually spacers?

I want to run a tad bit bigger tire.... like a 255 or 265 and I know I will need a rear spacer.
? is, will the spacers affect the towing ratings? meaning are they able to handle the serious loads that would be put in the truck? I tow pretty heavy and I dont want to worry about the spacers snapping or somethin!

I was thinking like a 2" spacer but I dont know if that would be overkill or if they even make anything smaller?

Where would I find some spacers?

Thanks
~Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: dually spacers?

we did some on a lifted dually. they were 2 inch ones and the tires were 325/80-16. he had about an inch between them. internet is always a good place to find them. i would imagine the towing rating or weight rating would be affected because of the added stress

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@stealth-automotive

ORU has some nice dually spacers but are expensive... in the hundreds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ORU????
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Sponsor

off road unlimited

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Crazy Redneck

You will not need a spacer for 255's. There is enough room even loaded to the max for 255's. Now for 265's you will need a spacer, you can get a 1.5" spacer. The ones I have are hubcentric. The hubcentric is a little harder to install, after you remove the outer wheel, you pull the axel out, install the spacer and replace the axel, then bolt the outer wheel to the spacer.

I have had 7200 lbs in the bed of the truck and the spacers had no issues. They have been on the truck for 4 years.

Marc

2000 F350 CC dually auto

Little air, fuel and oil and a BTS.

533/1050 5-8-10

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Sponsor

search for part number 89002 its the one you need

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Sponsor

better yet here is a link: http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...idproduct=8341

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCOOL View Post
You will not need a spacer for 255's. There is enough room even loaded to the max for 255's. Now for 265's you will need a spacer, you can get a 1.5" spacer. The ones I have are hubcentric. The hubcentric is a little harder to install, after you remove the outer wheel, you pull the axel out, install the spacer and replace the axel, then bolt the outer wheel to the spacer.

I have had 7200 lbs in the bed of the truck and the spacers had no issues. They have been on the truck for 4 years.
hmmm.... I have the stock 235's and they are awful close!

Where could I find the one you are running? what kinda price?

Thanks Yall!!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PwrStrokinDually

Wheel Spacers by Fearless Fred Goeske! He's the guy who started it all with www.wheeladapters.com. Just fill out his form on his website and he'll personally call you back and answer any questions you have. I've had his for over 5 years now and have had ZERO problems. He also makes them to order and they're hub/wheel centric for our wheels. I haven't heard of anybody else offering their wheel spacers as hub/wheel centric. And trust me...you want them to be!

Danny Om

01 SC PSD Dually (build date 08-00 w/ PMRs), 8" Edge, dual F&R Doetsch aluminum shocks w/ resevoirs, 37" SSR on all 6 tires, 2" (hub & wheel centric) wheel adapters by Fearless Fred Goeske, Fabtech racing track bars.

Fully built motor w/ B-codes, GT42R, and Terminator w/ Remote IPR HPOS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode