Time for new interior, any suggestions? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
refill1961

Time for new interior, any suggestions?

I've got a 2002 F250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab 4WD 7.3 Liter Diesel truck (She answers to "AMY") that is edging up on 300,000 miles. I bought it in 2007 with 133,000 on it and it's by far the best piece of equipment I've ever owned. I've worked the stuffing out of it for 10 years now and it's really showing it. I've always been the kind of guy that keeps his vehicles until they are killed beyond all hope and then I put them out to pasture here with their family and friends. I've been told by everyone to "Buy a new one. What do you want with a 2002?" but I'm not done with Amy just yet. Within the last year, I've rebuilt the engine (followed the Haynes book step by step and now I can do it in my sleep) had the transmission rebuilt with some nice upgrades and I've rebuilt the front steering and suspension (I blew a tire recently and went into the inside retaining wall on the interstate so I've got a little work to re-do on the drivers side and it took out my ABS lines but I'm going to repair all of that within the next 10-12 days). Now, with all of that irrelevant information out there, my question is.... I'm ready to do the interior now. I need to know where to go for new, good fitting carpet and I've been looking into how or what to do with the seats. I have looked at "Katzkins" and that's still a viable option. not my favorite at the price they want, but not ruled out yet. I had an estimate from a local shop for $850 for the front seats only. The back was another $300. That's still the front runner. I would think that using the interior from another truck would be a good idea. I haven't checked what they're going for but for me, I would have to use newer stuff. Are the seats in my 2002 interchangeable with trucks built since then? If so, what year models will change or will all? Does anyone else have any info on what they spent and what they got for their money? Recommendations? Warnings? Tips and tricks? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 03:25 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Time for new interior, any suggestions?

Listening with interest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
PSN Veteran

first off what color and material does your truck have now?
40/20/40 front seat or bench?

Complete superduty interior sets are available on Ebay for big $$$$, but likely within budget of those katzkin replacement covers
Yes the later model interiors will pretty much bolt in, from 2002-2012 or so I believe
Do all of your seats need recovered or perhaps you can get away with just re doing the drivers side?
Some pictures would be helpful

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 PM

1a auto has good fitting carpet also. But nobody make new carpet for standard transmission trucks.

99-16 seats will bolt in. I personally like the newer seats. Start checking junk yards.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 PM

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=78041

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 07:50 AM
PSN Local

Save your self some time and headache with the carpet and make sure it already has the holes for everything already cut out. Will cost a little extra but well worth it, Im not sure if 1A Auto carpet has holes cut in it or not.

USMC
05 F250 6" LIFT,
CUSTOM FUEL SYSTEM
GAUGES, FUEL,TRANS,OIL,PYROMETER,BOOST
FLUID DAMPER
SCTF3 TUNE
HELLMANS SUMP
4.10 GEARS
UCF Oringed heads with +625 studs
MBRP
EDS FICM
PHP
Warren 175/75 INJECTORS
APEX PORTED MANIFOLD
OUO RADIUS ARMS
BPD RADIATOR
ALRADCO INTERCOOLER
RCD 68/BATMOWHEEL
TWISTED STG 3 TRANS W/P&I CONVERTER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode