02 4 door window wiring - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Tugboatin'

Location: I live in the north country, work on tug boats and enjoy spending time with my wife and son.
Garage
02 4 door window wiring

I'm wondering how the wiring goes between the master window switch and all the other doors. I had my truck at the body shop and the had the drivers door off to put a new bottom skin on it. I hit the left rear window down at the drive through by mistake the other day and nothing happened. The window on the back left goes down at the window and the window lock switch disables it like it should. Is it just a coincidence and the wiring was all hooked back up correctly?

I'm already pissed at this body shop they also did the windshield frame and got sand blast grit all over my engine as well as the defroster vents and glove box. Didn't clean it very well I'm still getting $hit on the dash with the defrost on high. I don't even want to have to accuse them of not hooking something back up.

2002 F-250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4: AFE IRF PG7, ATS Turbo Housing, Banks BigHead, ScanGaugeII

2000 Jetta TDI: Not Stock

2008 100' Thoma-Sea 4200HP Tugboat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Master BS'er

Re: 02 4 door window wiring

I've fixed hundreds of these before, believe it or not the wiring can be very confusing. Especially if a module is involved. But most get power from the master switch. So If it goes down at the rear switch itself then the master is hooked up. Try tapping the master switch while holding the rocker down with a soft rubber hammer or a screwdriver or something. If that doesn't work, you'll need to pull out a volt meter and diagram. Once the door skin is loose, pull up and out. If you pull it straight out, you'll break the plastic clips that holdout on.

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Tugboatin'

Location: I live in the north country, work on tug boats and enjoy spending time with my wife and son.
Garage
Re: 02 4 door window wiring

I figured out how to get the switch out of the door. I'm kind of torn about just throwing a switch at it or not. I guess I could get a cheap China switch to see if it works or not but I'd prefer to have a ford switch module in there. From what I've found so far they are a bit pricey.

2002 F-250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4: AFE IRF PG7, ATS Turbo Housing, Banks BigHead, ScanGaugeII

2000 Jetta TDI: Not Stock

2008 100' Thoma-Sea 4200HP Tugboat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode