FRONT Air bags - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Bill

FRONT Air bags

Does any body have a set of air bags in the front on a 4x4 super duty? If you Do, I would like to see some pictures of the mounts.

what Im trying to do is remove the 1 1/2 leveling kit (add a Leaf) and lower the front. put 2 in blocks in the rear. I want one air bag per corner. This way I can adjust ride hight by about two inches. I know they ride harder the more air you run. but hight for me is just for looks any way.

Before the leveling kit I could always get 18 mpg on the highway. Havent seen that since. I got a set of bags off of ebay I just need to see what the mounts look like So I can build them.

02 f350 larit, itp rr & pre pump filter, GTP38r, international up pipes, swamps 175/146 single shot's, DP tuner, factory tech valve body & lot of extra lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:45 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to txpsdcrwchf
Re: FRONT Air bags

I would think the mounts for the bottom of the bags sit on top of the axle like the rear so those should be easy to do... Not sure how to do the top... youve already bought the airbags... but i know firestone makes a set that install inside the coils... on trucks with a coil suspension... and they also have a set that are built into a set of shocks... both those would have been decent options if you still needed to buy
shock airbags

Jeff
HIS: EARLY '99 F250 SD 4x4 Off Road, 7.3L PSD 6 SPD SuperCab Short Bed
DP Tuned (F5) NS, S, 40T, 80E,
HPx Line-DIY Tymar-Fuel System(on Return)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HERS: '99 DODGE Ram 2500 4x4 5.9l I6 Cummins 6SPD QuadCab Shortbed
Edge ez 20, 40, 60:
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Bill

Yeah its the top that im not sure about yet. I cant afford that much money to buy the set. I got the same bags used in the kit for $50. they leak checked good. guess its time to get creative. I should have done this earlyier. but on their web site they have pdf's of their instrucktions.

http://www.fsip.com/pdfs/RR/installa...3/rrin2223.pdf

02 f350 larit, itp rr & pre pump filter, GTP38r, international up pipes, swamps 175/146 single shot's, DP tuner, factory tech valve body & lot of extra lights

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Custom Trailer Sales

I would imagine it can be done in the front the same as it is in the rear

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Bill

just a littel diffrent. I cant go directly over the axle unless you relocate the shock.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

On mine the bag sits behind the axle. I will try to get some pictures.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
PSN Veteran

On the front axle the air bag sits behind the axle directly on top of the leaf spring. it has a mount that comes off of the outside of the frame at the top. you have to be careful what wheels you have because if the backspacing is wrong the tire will rub the air bag...... this is from a firestone kit

For Sale: 2000 F350, black cc sb 4x4
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

Ok here are some pictures.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2553...oI?vhost=rides
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2494...Cq?vhost=rides
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2351...DP?vhost=rides
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2255...NQ?vhost=rides
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2769...Zk?vhost=rides

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Bill

thanks for the pictures. it gives me a diffrent take on it. looks diffrent than the mounts I found from firestone. I like the idea of having them directly under the frame instead of off to the side. I have heard of the ones that mount to the side of the frame craking the frame.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jngreen View Post
On the front axle the air bag sits behind the axle directly on top of the leaf spring. it has a mount that comes off of the outside of the frame at the top. you have to be careful what wheels you have because if the backspacing is wrong the tire will rub the air bag...... this is from a firestone kit
for now I have the stock wheels and tires on. Im tired of getting 13 to 16 mpg. That was with 305/70r16. So i figure by getting rid of the leveling add a leaf and installing 2 in blocks in the rear instead of the 4 that are their. I should reclaim some milage with the factory sized tires. I just want the air bags to make it set where I want when Im tired of the lowered truck. I guess the 315's I have will be lonely in the garage for awhile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode