Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08 rear diff cover question...

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
Anyone remember what might be behind here? I have a Isspro temp sender I want to drill and tap where the X is... is there any clearance issues there?

:(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd say pull the cover and take a look. There should be some room all around but I'd pull it to drill and tap it that way no derbies get into the diff. Just me though.

#3 ·
I think the caps of the carrier bearings are right there. Been a while since I did mine.

#4 ·
#5 ·
#7 ·
Looks good to me and it's low enough to be in the grease to get a good reading. I did my cover about two weeks ago.

#8 ·
Thanks DC, thats all I needed to see, I will drill and tap where I marked. Thought about painting the thing or polishing but screw it... the crap they spray on the roads eats every thing anyway...

#11 ·

Lets hope the powder coating holds up!

#14 ·
Exactly. Used a file in the tight spots. I figured i could file the fins each year just to brighten up the aluminium

#19 ·
I went to ACE Hardware and bought 5/16 by 1 1/4 inch long with a stainless
washer to match...$6 I believe. Auto Zone for the Ultra Gray silicone and Grease... Good luke and you'll like it more when it's on your truck>>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.