Adding Power Mirrors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Supercharged

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockrunner86
Adding Power Mirrors

I have a XLT with the little sport mirrors w/o power mirror. Is the wiring already there to add power mirrors? Do I just need mirrors with the motors inside and to change out the trim panel and add a mirror switch?

Thanks,

Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Adding Power Mirrors

No wiring there. You will have to make your own. You can buy the switch and a short harness with plug for that end. For the mirrors you have to order short harness/plugs. All is avaliable from a dealer. I did mine over the summer and added heat also. I will try and find the copy of the schematic for you.

Tony

02 Excursion CR conversion with a few go fast parts
The truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
should have built

FOR SALE
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:37 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to txpsdcrwchf

heh.... well youll have to swap out the door trim, and there may or may not be a plug there, if there isnt then its like he said you just buy that portion of the wiring harness and there should be a plug into the main wiring harness under the dash. ittl be the same way for each mirror youre going to need to buy that section of the wiring harness. for the most part everything on our trucks is modular, meaning the overall wiring harness is the same, but if you dont have that option then they just dont install that section of the wiring harness. also it depends on the year of your truck whether it will have the lights, and the heated mirror option.

Jeff
HIS: EARLY '99 F250 SD 4x4 Off Road, 7.3L PSD 6 SPD SuperCab Short Bed
DP Tuned (F5) NS, S, 40T, 80E,
HPx Line-DIY Tymar-Fuel System(on Return)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HERS: '99 DODGE Ram 2500 4x4 5.9l I6 Cummins 6SPD QuadCab Shortbed
Edge ez 20, 40, 60:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Supercharged

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockrunner86

Thank you for the info. That would be great if you could find me the wiring diag.

Thanks,

Tyler

99.5 F-350 6-speed Daily Driver/Tow Rig.

Engine - Empire Diesel Performance

Air - Empire Diesel Performance Compounds Procharger Primary / Garrett 38R Secondary

Oil- Swamps Gen-3

Fuel - B-codes
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to txpsdcrwchf

you have a 99, so your truck wont have the wiring for the lighted/heated mirrors youll have to make a harness for those functions.

If you have power windows, then theres a good chance the harness for the mirrors is installed just pull the door panel off and see if theres a round white plug it should have three wires going into it. and the plug into the door switch shoud be square and i think it has five wires if i remember right. also if you get the 99 power mirrors (unlighted) then it will ground itself to the door. if you get lighted mirrors you have to run a seperate ground.

as for a wiring diagram you can pick up a chilton or haynes manual at any o'reillys or autozone for ten bucks its good to have. the easiest way to figure the mirrors out tho is trial and error once you get the driver side hooked up the passenger side wires the same way.

If you dont have power windows installed then the plug into the main harness should be either down towards the bottom of the inside of the door near the speaker, or right inside the cab behind the kickpanel. Driver and passenger side.

Jeff
HIS: EARLY '99 F250 SD 4x4 Off Road, 7.3L PSD 6 SPD SuperCab Short Bed
DP Tuned (F5) NS, S, 40T, 80E,
HPx Line-DIY Tymar-Fuel System(on Return)

HERS: '99 DODGE Ram 2500 4x4 5.9l I6 Cummins 6SPD QuadCab Shortbed
Edge ez 20, 40, 60:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode