Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

XL to XLT

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
What would it entail to put power windows and/or locks in an XL? (Cost, parts....)

#2 ·
I would try to find a set of doors at a salvage yard, then you've got the windows, harness, new panels, lift motors, solenoids. I'm in the middle of trying to convert my XL too, and the only thing I would really need to do would be the doors. I haven't investigated the as to weather or not the drops for the harness are under the dash to plug them in, but I'm pretty sure that they would be since it is a generic harness used in all the trucks.

#9 ·
Anyone have an idea on cost for me, I'm not in a hurry due to the weather but would like to convert from the XL.
Pretty much just a whole new setup?
Would I need new winows, or just motors, switches....
And what about the locks

#12 ·
The sliding rear windows are probably a couple hundred dollars. Just have to look around. I drove my 4 wheeler thru my rear window of my old 83 Ranger one time and a new slider cost me 130, so maybe double that for a Super Duty window, or maybe more

#15 ·
ahahaha seen that before! my neighbor had a small lathe in the bed of his truck and hit the breaks and it slid forward and bashed in his rear window..he has an 05 f150 king ranch with the power slider and it cost him $2500 to fix it lol...well his insurance company atleast!

but what i was getting at, do you need to modify the truck at all or does the sliding windows come with the frame work for the slider or do i need to install rails or whatever.

#18 ·
Nope, just get the whole window assembley. Should be able to re-use your gasket, took my buddy & I about 2 hours to replace it & didn't even have to pull the stacks off! :D

Oh sorry about the major de-railment Trailer Hauler! :doh:

#19 ·
yeah, I already have a sliding rear window I kinda like it!!
I don't want power to that though, I want power to the front windows!!!!
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.