What does my '01 dually need to update it's look? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What does my '01 dually need to update it's look?

Hi, I just joined this forum and hope to get some suggestions for my truck. I have a 2001 F350, 4x4, crew cab, dually. It has some custom running boards and stuff but my kids are telling me it "looks out of date". They say those diamond plate , lighted running boards and stuff has got to go. They say I need nerf bars, a leveling kit, and taller tires. So I'm all for it. I've had the truck for 13 years and it's looked this way the whole time so I'm ready for a "new look". Opinions please! Advice on tire size, leveling kit or lift kit?

This pic was taken a couple years ago and was already uploaded in my photo bucket album. The truck looks the same now. The horse trailer is not actually hooked up in this pic as you can tell. I will be towing with this truck.

Last edited by FordGirl2; 03-24-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I can't seem to get pic loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: What does my '01 dually need to update it's look?

welcome to PSN! any chance on a picture of the front end? I always thought the 05-07 'harley davidson' or smoked type of headlight lenses look really clean against red paint! also, i like the way 99-04s end up looking overall when they get the 05-07 front clip swap ... just my opinion tho!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

my farts are so bad, they have been banned in 37 countries!
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I think I have some pics I took one evening. I will look and see if I can post them.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Truck is needing washed, but here's more pics.
http://

Another side view .... As you can see in this pic the paint on the window rain guards is looking bad. I'm undecided whether to just take them off or have them repainted red or black? or buy the smokey/ black ones? http://
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also needing input as size of tires, lift kit or leveling kit and all of that. I want the truck to look updated and nice and still ride nice and be able to tow. I would like to see pics of other's trucks if anyone wans to share. Thanks!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Loose the ranch hand running boards, and i definetly second going with the HD light package.. A nice set of clean 18"-22" wheels with some rugged AT or MT over sized tires would really set this truck off. Especially with a 6" lift....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

-2008 Job #3 F250 CCSB 4x4
-Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-Peak Fleet Charge Purple Coolant
-SCT X4 Babysitter
-17" XD Addicts
-285 General Grabber AT2's
-Power Service White in the Tank
-Moog Tie Rods and Drag Arm
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-GearBoxZ DPF-R 4.0
-Flo-Pro DOC/DPF delete
-MPD CCV Kit
-Injen Evo CAI
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:09 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

i guess you've got stock-ish 265/75/16s? I think i read that 35" tires will fit without a lift, otherwise the sky is the limit... should be plenty of info on here on tires especially for 4wds. being as you're towing a lot, i'd hate to go too awful big!

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:11 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

also if you go with nerf bars or the like, keep in mind that some of them catch a crapload of mud. may not be an issue for you tho...

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

here's one of the millions of conversion kit for a single piece 05-07 light set - complete with adapter:
99 04 Superduty Excursion Conversion 07 Black Harley Headlights 00 01 02 03 | eBay
i wanna say there's some trimming onthe header panel involved, nothing too serious tho

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyman9 View Post
Loose the ranch hand running boards, and i definetly second going with the HD light package.. A nice set of clean 18"-22" wheels with some rugged AT or MT over sized tires would really set this truck off. Especially with a 6" lift....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
.. about the running boards. My kids tell me that's what's making my truck look like an "old man truck" Ha ha. I don't know about the 6" lift though. That seems high for towing a horse trailer? Also, I would like to keep the rims I have without purchasing new. I appreciate your input though and am sure it would look good. I do however have to keep in mind that I will be towing horses so can't go too high.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode