Custom center console sub box? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Send a message via AIM to bigcountry250
Custom center console sub box?

I have been thinking about building a custom sub box to go between my two front seats, I have the 40-20-40 bench. I want it to hold 2 12's, and would like to try and remount the center folding console back on top of the box. And I want to fiberglass the whole box and paint it black like the truck.

Has anyone seen this done at all? PICS?

2011 CC SB 6.7L Powerstroke

BLACKOUT.... gone but never forgotten!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 05:56 AM
too broke to play

Re: Custom center console sub box?

You would need to build a pretty large box for that space in order to get the air space you need to run two 12's. I have a JL Stealthbox and it is just gig enough to hold a fairly shallow 10. There was a guy on the other site that built what you want, but it fit a single 12w7 and was much bigger than my stealthbox, but he cut up the frame to get it to sit lower. It looked pretty good, but was about 2"-3" higher than the seats. I saved the thread with his pictures and info but they deleted my stuff. I think you would need to extend it forward or behind the seat to get what you need. Good luck

2003 F-250, CC, SB, 4x4, 7.3, 6 speed

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonster View Post
You would need to build a pretty large box for that space in order to get the air space you need to run two 12's. I have a JL Stealthbox and it is just gig enough to hold a fairly shallow 10. There was a guy on the other site that built what you want, but it fit a single 12w7 and was much bigger than my stealthbox, but he cut up the frame to get it to sit lower. It looked pretty good, but was about 2"-3" higher than the seats. I saved the thread with his pictures and info but they deleted my stuff. I think you would need to extend it forward or behind the seat to get what you need. Good luck

I could just run one JL W7, those things are loud as hell! I already have an amp that is big enough to push that, it is a Kenwood class D 1000w peak 450 continous.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Sleep well my brothers

You can put a 12 or two behind your seat. I had one behind mine and it sounded good, better than my buddy's 2 ten's.

Early 99 CC DRW AFE, 4" MBRP,Autometer,6.0 trans cooler, ITP, DP Tuner and cupholder upgrade
Former U.S.A. Res. MP & proud of it!

2005 Dodge 4x4 5.9 With some stuff done to it.

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist…you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 PM
PSN Local

while that may work witht eh crew cab... those of us with certain year Super cabs, are kinda SOL... the ONLY option, is the center console, or if you have a bench, the other stealth box...

So..

I am curious about this....

Chase

99 S/C shortbox, 7.3, auto, 4wd 315s
4" DP, zoodad, gauge package

TWildman. 6pos. Flipper Chipper, 4" turbo back

A wise man once said; "Nitrous is like a hot chic with a STD..."
"You know you wanna hit it, but you're affraid of the outcome"
Quote:
Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your a$$ tomorrow'.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I love you bigrpowr!

Look at the nice build log below for a custom center console for a F150. He reatained the top half of the seat as well for storage. You could go with the same FI 12 as that build and come out much cheaper than a W7 and it will sound just as good and loud.

Custom Center Console Sub Box

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD

I have no ring and no love from the mods.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

That what I want to do, why is the sub faced down, I want to face mine up and recess it into the box and put a piece of plexi glass over it with neons built under the glass, and either paint the box or fiber glass it then paint it.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I love you bigrpowr!

Your idea sounds a little too crazy for me. The sub is facing down because he wanted a stealth install. Whether it's facing up or down is not going to make that much of a difference in an install like that.

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
BLCKOUT

Ok I gotcha, reason I want to do all that is bc I like to put my truck in car shows and having different things like that helps a lot.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I love you bigrpowr!

If your entering shows, then that would be the thing to do.

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode