Gloves for your truck - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
Gloves for your truck

i figured i would put this here since it would be a good "mod" for any truck, and the mods can move it if they dont feel it fits here

i have seen a couple threads where guys have talked about work gloves when working on your trucks. you all oughta try some rescue gloves...thats what i use to work on my truck. they are flexible enough to tie knots with, and protect you well when working on your truck. i love mine. heres the cheapest place to get some at

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...ingers_gloves/

these are all Ringers. by far the BEST glove ever. the splitfit air's are probably the best ones, although i do like the repelling gloves to. the extrication gloves are very nice, but alot thicker, we mainley use them when operating the jaws and such.

of course mine are always in my truck with the rest of my gear, but i do have an extra pair in the glove box. you never know when you might need them.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 AM
I love you bigrpowr!

Re: Gloves for your truck

Very nice, I had not thought of rescue type gloves. It makes sense because you really need to feel objects and have good mobility (maybe not the correct term but you know what I mean) with your fingers.

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD

I have no ring and no love from the mods.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't EFN worry about it

I carry a box of rubber gloves in my truck. They come in real handy at maintenance time too. I do like those gloves you mentioned I wear the thin mechanics wears for doing things like grinding on cast iron they make it nice to not get then damn metal chards in your skin.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
I keep some nitrile gloves in my driver's side door (they suspiciously resemble the ones I could "acquire" at work) and they're awfully nice to have at refuel time. Some of the truckstop pumps around here are pretty funky and it's nice not to have to wash my hands for 1/2 hour after filling the fuel tank b/c the pump handle was so filthy.
Yeah I was referring to the ones that my wife MIGHT borrow from work also! RN she is, Yeah I wear gloves when I fuel the big rig too peeps are nasty ya know.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

those look a lot like mechanix gloves

SOLD 2002 F350

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode