Hood will not pop...cable not tripping it - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Burger Flipper

Hood will not pop...cable not tripping it

Need some help...I can't get my hood open. Won't pop and sounds like the cable is moving...just won't come up. It is a cowl hood.
Can anyone help me?

2000 F250 Lariat SC 4X4, aFe 2 PG7, MBRP 4" SS Duals w/muffler delete, Dipricol gauges, 203* T-stat and billet housing, Dieselsite Coolant filter, 6.0 intercooler...07 Harley Lights, 5K retro-solutions HIDs, ITP pre-pump kit, Harpooned, "The Cure"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Hood will not pop...cable not tripping it

I kinda have that problem too. I pull the release handle and nothing happends. I can go and pull up on the hood and then it will open( only after I pull on the release handle). Try doing that. I might have to pull the release handle a time or two before it works but it will always work.

2004 f350 6.0L psd 4x4 6spd cc sb dark shadow gray, sct tuned by eric, 6" ICON 20x12 centerline, 35x13.5 mickey t atz
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 AM
PSN Local

Yeah some times is take two guys with a full size truck. One guy on the release handle and one guy convincing the hood to open.

1999 F350 6SPD 4x4 LARIAT Tymar, DP-F5, ITP Reg Return, 4" Exhaust **SOLD**
2002 F350 REG CAB DRW 2WD Tymar, PHP, 5" stack, DJM drop hangers and shackles, Hellwig sway bars, Nathan K5LA, Full Power '08 Mirrors...**SOLD**

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Burger Flipper

Tried that twice now....pushing it down, pulling it up, etc. everything that I can think of.
Anybody else got an idea?

2000 F250 Lariat SC 4X4, aFe 2 PG7, MBRP 4" SS Duals w/muffler delete, Dipricol gauges, 203* T-stat and billet housing, Dieselsite Coolant filter, 6.0 intercooler...07 Harley Lights, 5K retro-solutions HIDs, ITP pre-pump kit, Harpooned, "The Cure"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Wondering what if

Even though it sounds like the cable is moving, it could be broken off somewhere in the line which is causing your problems. How long are your arms? If you removed driver's side wheel and wheel well do you think you could reach up there to manually pop it?

'07 F350 3" lvl, fndrs trmd, 37" M16's
Ultra lites ECT,EGT,EOT Oil and top fuel billet caps
banjo bolts drilled cautiously, ccv, zoodad mods Dieselsite coolant filter
SCT SF3 can tunes

Mike's Diesel Performance
KT Performance
DieselPowerProducts.com
Dieselsite
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
PSN Veteran

I soaked mine with WD40 and it works like new again. It got to where you had to have a pair of channel locks to reach in and move the latch.

Does it line up goood with the fenders? Might need to adjust it a little at the hinges.

2008 F-250 SCLB Larait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode