Need help asap....front end - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Need help asap....front end

Hey guys..... i started to get a squealing noise from the front end about a week ago... i assumed it was brakes and would fix it soon. Well today it got bad quick. Started with a rubbing noise and a squishing noise then it would pull hard to one side and was hard to steer.

When i barely made it home i took the truck and jacked it up on the drivers side where the noise was. I placed my hands at 12 and 6 and went to push and pull. There was a ton of movement.....it seems the ball joints are not moving, but there is a lot of movement at the u joint and behind it.....

I need to know if it is the u-joints or the hub assembly...it was very hot when i took off the wheel to inspect. And the caliper is nearly locked up pushing the pad into the rotor.....help this is my only transportation.

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Need help asap....front end

alot like this

2000 F-250 Supercab/Shortbed 6-speed
Swamp Ass Hybrids, Swamp Ass tuning, Stage 1 Oil, 38R, Southbend Clutch.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Starting Over

It is wheel bearing.Once it goes the wheel starts riding on the caliper.The faster you go the less is grinds<LMFAO that is a joke not serious DON'T DO IT even though I did.

Quick fix go buy one.They are about 350 bucks.Use to come with lifetime warranty.All your major part stores will have them in stock.Easy as hell to replace like under a hour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Starting Over

Another thing is spin the wheel off the ground you should hear it grinding at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 AM
original "REZNECK"

you can get them cheaper from a non ford dealer (napa) if you can get by with out the rig ebay had them for 150 at one time with a lifetime warranty. which ever option you take, remove the caliper slide bolts and reinstall them with locktite.

twice tottalled
01 F250 cc 4x4 straight pipe, custom front and rear bumpers, 1 ton rear susp, flatbed, TS Chip, king ranch rims, 315 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay
Since when do 7.3's puke coolant like an overfilled hooker on a busy night ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode