few questions about AE - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT
few questions about AE

With AE what all can you do besides the regular read/clear codes do KEOER/KOEO test and view what sensors are doing can you trigger certain things like wastegate% and VGT solinoid% or increar ICP% to find problems or is it just like most other matco readers ive delt with?

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: few questions about AE

You can't do wastegate%

You can recalibrate your speedo for larger tire size. You can monitor tons of different sensors. Too many to list..

KOEO, KOER, Buzz test, cylinder contribution test... and you can pull codes...

Tools
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 PM
PSN Mega Miler

You can calibrate your speedometer, run contribution test, etc. But its just a scan tool so it should compare the same to most scan tools.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via MSN to JuststrokeIT

is the ford bundle worth the extra cost?

early 99 F350 Supercab longbed 4x4, Diprical gauges,GTP38R, Swamps competion fuel system with bowl delete,custom intake, 4in downpipe to 6in stacks, 200/30% hybrids from swamps, tuned by swamps, head studs.main studs, WOP cryo forged rods, ceramic coated pistons,Adrenalin HPOP,DI cam. Train horns, Ranchand front bumper DMI rear, Kumho kl71
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Yes, if you are going to buy it I would go with the ford bundle...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Hey guys I have a quick question too, if you don't mind. Can you do Output state control with AE? Like can you lock/unlock doors with AE? I used to be able to do this with IDS and was wondering if AE can do it too. Thanks.

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Have not tried that, but I know you can observe things like for example, when the brake pedal is depressed... etc... so might beable to see that the doors are being unlocked??
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 AM
PSN Local

How about if you buy it, plus get the ford bundle will it also work on other vehicles? I have a Honda now and I wouldn't mind being able to clear the codes or even read them from time to time. Unless I should go with something else all together for other brands?

I guess who uses this for multi-brand operation?

Ryan Penner
99 F250 XL, DIY Tymar, DP-5, 6-Speed
93 Ford Explorer Sport
03 Lincoln Aviator
93 Isuzu Trooper
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenner54 View Post
How about if you buy it, plus get the ford bundle will it also work on other vehicles? I have a Honda now and I wouldn't mind being able to clear the codes or even read them from time to time. Unless I should go with something else all together for other brands?

I guess who uses this for multi-brand operation?
Yes, but only for generic codes. Like P0 codes.

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 AM
PSN Local

I have AE with the ford bundle and I do not see anywhere to recalibrate the speedo. It has alot of features that say "except on diesel applications". I am still learning to use it and it is a great tool for trouble shooting problems.
If someone knows how to recalibrate the speedo with AE, please share the info. Maybe it is different on the 6.0
It is worth the investment!

2003 F-250 4x4
6" pro-comp lift
37" tires
Studs, EGR delete

Last edited by Honda30; 08-17-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode