Auto trans question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Auto trans question

I just bought an 01ccsb 4x4 auto with 134K and I was wondering what kind of miles are typical on the auto trans? The truck is stock for now but I'm planning to do a few things, nothing major just the typical exhaust, chip, and level it with 305s and I don't pull anything real heavy. Any tips on stretching out the life of the trans? Thanks, Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Auto trans question

You have an 01. Has it been rebuilt before? If not, it could have the dreaded diode. Mine dumped the trans at 55 when the diode went. Regular service and a bigger cooler might help some along with a Valve Body. Give BTS a call. IMO, he is one of the premier trans builders and won't sell you something you don't need. Good thing he talked me out of a Torque Converter. My trans gave up 2 weeks later.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Depends on how you treat it, what you do with it, and random factors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks guys. As far as i know it has never been rebuilt but i got it from a local dealer and I doubt they would know. I baby it for the most part so hopefully it won't give out on me anytime soon. Is there a way to tell if it has this dreaded diode?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmatt View Post
I just bought an 01ccsb 4x4 auto with 134K and I was wondering what kind of miles are typical on the auto trans? The truck is stock for now but I'm planning to do a few things, nothing major just the typical exhaust, chip, and level it with 305s and I don't pull anything real heavy. Any tips on stretching out the life of the trans? Thanks, Matt
At least make sure you have fresh synthetic ATF and clean filter. IMO.
Bill

2003 F250 FX4 SUPERCAB SPORT XLT 7.3 PSD
Black 2009 Jetta TDI
Fluids 100% Amsoil
Amsoil dual remote by-pass
Edge with Attitude & Bush Fender Flairs, Transmission Magnefine filter, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, 5" SS Tip, Amsoil after market intake EAAU4091, Sportman Tonneau Cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode