Cheap Steel wheels - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Oooo, White Lightning !

Cheap Steel wheels

Just bought some 37" X terrains....Dont wanna mount em on the stockers so....Im looking for a cheap steel wheel, something black or that can be painted black.....16x10, 8x170mm......Any ideas.....I kinda like the KMC Assaults, so something that style I guess, I just dont have the coin for $800+
right now.
And anyone have a rough idea of what it costs to mount and balance tires of that size ???

Race truck
2002 F-350XL RC/LB
NADP Race Trans/PCS'd
Lowered w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
Unlimited 450/400s
S475 on Irates mount
TE 17* with Gen3
DI Headers
Dieselboy fuel system
[email protected]
599.3 on BDs dyno

Tow pig
2000 F-250XLT EC/SB
Tuned
Exhaust
Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard

Re: Cheap Steel wheels

Look on ebay for used

aka - Grumpy .. aka - Bubba Grump .. aka - Bubba .. aka - Grumpy Old F... . . A "slow" fatass 9K Dually.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
<<<<< Next Generation

Look at the Motto Metals. Got mine from Ebay for 400 shipped, everything included.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

N.E. Terminator Tech

2000 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 LWB Auto
DP-Tuner F5, Terminator HPOP, QSSB, ITP's fuel system, BTS trans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggerr View Post
Look at the Motto Metals. Got mine from Ebay for 400 shipped, everything included.

The black moto metals are sick cheap. I wish the chrome were that good of a price
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
<<<<< Next Generation

The chrome ones are that much more???
I'll see if I can find the place I got mine from.

N.E. Terminator Tech

2000 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 LWB Auto
DP-Tuner F5, Terminator HPOP, QSSB, ITP's fuel system, BTS trans.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
PSN Veteran

yeah the cheapest I swa chrome was like 630 + shipping
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
PSN Newb

Marsh Racing Wheels makes custom steel wheels in any bolt pattern or offset you want. Very strong. They go for $100 each which isn't really cheap, but at least you won't be worried about destroying them with your heavy truck. They make them for rock crawling rigs running huge tires. I've got a set on a project truck and they are really nice. Much better than stocktons. Google MRW offroad wheels if you are interested.

Do these newer cast wheels have higher weight ratings than they used to? I had some older Ultra wheels years ago and I kept getting flat tires. Ends up it was the wheel that was leaking. 2 of them had cracks in the lip. I went forged after that.

Ends up they were rated at about 1800lb each. I pretty much maxed them out sitting empty. Why they would make 8 lug wheels with such a petty load rating is beyond me.

Anyway, check the load rating before you get some. There may a reason they are cheap.

BTW, no one ever seems to respond to anything I say... I wonder if it's because I was rude and never introduced myself. Anyway, I'm Tyler Herring if you didn't already notice that already and it's nice to be here at this forum. I'm headed over to the newb area no to do this again.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
PSN Veteran

I think load ratings have come a long way. I was looking at a set of cheap summit 50/51 wheels and the load rating was 3400+ lbs each.

These are the ones I"m looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel...QQcmdZViewItem

I would like to find a load rating on them.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Oooo, White Lightning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHerring View Post
Marsh Racing Wheels makes custom steel wheels in any bolt pattern or offset you want. Very strong. They go for $100 each which isn't really cheap, but at least you won't be worried about destroying them with your heavy truck. They make them for rock crawling rigs running huge tires. I've got a set on a project truck and they are really nice. Much better than stocktons. Google MRW offroad wheels if you are interested.

Do these newer cast wheels have higher weight ratings than they used to? I had some older Ultra wheels years ago and I kept getting flat tires. Ends up it was the wheel that was leaking. 2 of them had cracks in the lip. I went forged after that.

Ends up they were rated at about 1800lb each. I pretty much maxed them out sitting empty. Why they would make 8 lug wheels with such a petty load rating is beyond me.

Anyway, check the load rating before you get some. There may a reason they are cheap.

BTW, no one ever seems to respond to anything I say... I wonder if it's because I was rude and never introduced myself. Anyway, I'm Tyler Herring if you didn't already notice that already and it's nice to be here at this forum. I'm headed over to the newb area no to do this again.
Thanks man, Im gonna look into those.....I also find this company called unique, Im guseeing its a division of cragar....They got some nice 16"....

Race truck
2002 F-350XL RC/LB
NADP Race Trans/PCS'd
Lowered w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
Unlimited 450/400s
S475 on Irates mount
TE 17* with Gen3
DI Headers
Dieselboy fuel system
[email protected]
599.3 on BDs dyno

Tow pig
2000 F-250XLT EC/SB
Tuned
Exhaust
Intake
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
dinnerbooter treasurer

Why don't you find some SD spare tire rims. I have seen them really cheep $40 a piece. You could probably go to a junk yard and do okay.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode