Helpwith wheel offset and backspacing for 05 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Helpwith wheel offset and backspacing for 05

Ok i have finally got everything on order for my truck.... I decided to go with the Icon 4.5 basic kit.... and black 20-9 KMC Hoss wheels with 35-12.50-20'' Toyo MT's

Now question is... Buddy at the shop ordered me the KMC's with the +18mm and 5.71 Now that im looking i think i should have ordered the ones with -12 and 4.53

will the +18 and 5.71 be way to tucked in the wheel wells??? I dont want them to stick out like crazy....maybe like an inch or 2 but also dont want them completely tucked

Help wheel gurus.... this is on a 05 F350

Thanks guys.......

JetBlack 05 Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Helpwith wheel offset and backspacing for 05

Ok after doin some searching this forum.... It looks like iam good to go with the 5.71 backspacing on my 05.... i seen a few others had the exact backspacing on 05-07 .. Hopefully i only get the same result and only have an inch or so hanging out

Lol its really late ...and i was just doing some last min finalizing of my purchasing.. then i was looking at pics of a guys truck on here with 20-9 XD monsters on his truck...with the +18 Offset or 5.71 bs and noticed how tucked in they looked.....then i realized the truck was a 99-03 2wd

JetBlack 05 Lariat
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

this is the best picture I can seem to find of how mine stick out. I have 18x9 rims with 5" of backspacing

The front seems to stick out a hair more than the rear but its not bad. They stick out enough to make the truck an absolute MESS in the snow/slush so I am hoping to get some real flares to cover them up at some point.

Hope this helps ya out, sounds like your making some good choices on the truck, the Icon kit is sweet and hoss wheels are good lookers, looking forward to some pics when ya get it all installed.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Michigan Ice Dog

17x10 with 4.75 back- OK with tow tires; sh!t hits the mirrors w/ 37MTR's

"Alot of the worlds problems can be solved with violence"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" So taking her home I was going to have her sit in the middle but I relised that she wouldn't fit. "
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Evil Genius

20x9s with 5.71" Back Space will stick out approx. 1" further than stock wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Right on so i went with a good offset for my truck by going 5.71 The 4.53 would have stuck out way to far by the sounds of it...
JDC753 how your wheels fit your truck is exactly what im looking for.. I have the factory flares too...they are not quite enough to protect the body.. im hoping i get the same fittament and then im going to go with the bushwacker OE style flare color matched,

DC when you sell KMC wheels to 05-07 owners......do you mostly sell the 5.71 backspacing in the 20-9???

Thanks for all the info guys

JetBlack 05 Lariat
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Evil Genius

Depends....the 9" wide wheels with 5.5 or 5.71 Back Space are popular with guys who don't like the tires to stick way outside.

But, a lot of guys like the wide/aggressive look and opt for a 10" wide with 4.5" of Back Space so that it sticks out by a few inches.

All personal preference really.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah.....like its just i havent seen alot of pics of the 05-07 with these wheels on.. the only pics i can find are of one truck on Trucktoysperformance

Exact same truck same lift and wheels....but i dont know what offset the wheels are on the truck.. its hard to tell what they are

Getting good help on wheels here in Canada is like pulling teeth....its hard enough getting them in let alone getting correct fittament or info

JetBlack 05 Lariat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode