2wd lift? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Custom Trailer Sales

2wd lift?

I hate the way the front of my dually sits and how the headlights point at the ground....
Haven't really ever seen much for 2wd's,
Is there anything that will pick up the front a few inches?

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 AM
DILLIGAFF

Send a message via AIM to Redfish
Re: 2wd lift?

I did a 2.25" leveling kit up front, and 1.5" blocks in the rear. My truck sits exactly like a 4x4, with the 05 factory 20" wheels, nobody knows its a 2x4, except when they see me running through the mud with enough momentum to plow down a house. The leveling kit is a daystar, and the blocks are a generic steel block, I also put on new U-bolts on the rear axle. Parts came to less than $200 plus a little labor from a lift shop (modifications unlimited in RPB, FL) to do the leveling kit cause I didn't want to fawk with the front springs. but You do have to get your truck aligned afterward, and to get it done right it cost me $200 as well.

All said and done, I like it, my front tires are a little toe in still, so I will have to get it aligned again when I get new tires, but that wont be for a while because my Goodyear wrangler AT/S tire have about half tread left on the front tires, but the back tires have a little bit less,

2006 F-250 CC King Ranch, Harley Headlights w/ 55w HIDs
ARP studs, MBRP 4" exhaust and AM Colbalts By:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, AFE stg. 2 Pro Guard 7 from XDP, SCT from innovative!
14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerHauler View Post
I hate the way the front of my dually sits and how the headlights point at the ground....
Haven't really ever seen much for 2wd's,
Is there anything that will pick up the front a few inches?
Yeah New coils.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Custom Trailer Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfishman17 View Post
I did a 2.25" leveling kit up front, and 1.5" blocks in the rear. My truck sits exactly like a 4x4, with the 05 factory 20" wheels, nobody knows its a 2x4, except when they see me running through the mud with enough momentum to plow down a house. The leveling kit is a daystar, and the blocks are a generic steel block, I also put on new U-bolts on the rear axle. Parts came to less than $200 plus a little labor from a lift shop (modifications unlimited in RPB, FL) to do the leveling kit cause I didn't want to fawk with the front springs. but You do have to get your truck aligned afterward, and to get it done right it cost me $200 as well.

All said and done, I like it, my front tires are a little toe in still, so I will have to get it aligned again when I get new tires, but that wont be for a while because my Goodyear wrangler AT/S tire have about half tread left on the front tires, but the back tires have a little bit less,
I just redid the back, I like the way it sits and it sits a few inches higher than the stock 2wd's I want the front to match though. Its way to low for me, I like the idea of having it look like a 4x4!

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Hated by All

If you lift it with springs or spacers, you have to drop the I-beams as well.....

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 AM
DILLIGAFF

how many inches did you go with on the back? I know anything more than 2 1/4 on the front and it will never get aligned right. let me see if I can dig up some pics of my truck for ya.

14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 AM
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Ashley View Post
If you lift it with springs or spacers, you have to drop the I-beams as well.....
Unless you get adjustable bushings which is what I did.

14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Hated by All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfishman17 View Post
Unless you get adjustable bushings which is what I did.
Elaborate.....

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 AM
DILLIGAFF

Alright, heres my truck before the "LIFT":

heres my truck with the "lift" and original rims and stock 2x4 tire size. These were taken with a camera phone and the one below, im kinda standing on a hill looking down.

and here what my truck looks like after the "lift" and ford factory 20's

hope this helps

14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:35 AM
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Ashley View Post
Elaborate.....
well the original ones had an ear on them with made them unable to be adjusted for the extreme change of toe in. The new ones, did not have the ear on the with allows them to be rotated 180* and tightened to compensate, its been a while so my technical terms or memory may be hiding.

14.09 @ 94 1.85 60'

~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode