Lift is Goin On! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs
Lift is Goin On!

Alright guys, so I finally collected the remaining parts needed for me to do my lift (the one in my sig) so this weekend is going to be spent gittin' er done. Im also putting on SS braided lines at the same time as the stock ones aren't long enough/can't hurt. Any suggestions/tips/etc?? First lift I have ever done so we will see how it goes. Are there any directions on how to swap the lines? I have no idea how to do that correctly. How long do yall expect it will take? Although I have never lifted a truck myself, I am pretty good with a wrench so I don't think it should be too bad for me. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

-Scott

SOLD 2002 F350

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Lift is Goin On!

not really sure why your adding longer lines.. you can just bend the tabs and the lines are long enough. as far as swapping them? its easy unbolt one and bolt on the new one. you will need a friend to help bleed the air back out.. make sure you start in the RR then LF if your changing the rear line as well. then RF and finally the LF last. lifts arent all that hard.. its just swapping parts really.

early 99, xcab, 8"lift,37" toyo open country m/ts, afe stage II,BDP tuning, 5" black chrome aussie cuts, blacked out bumper and grill, 8 isspro performax guages, stealth dual pumps, a few fuel leaks......

mods to come:
NO SACRIFICE..... NO VICTORY!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Oughta look awesome. You'll be real happy with the Donahoe system (I've got the 6") and the Toyos. I love mine. Come to think of it, you've got the smae brand wheels as me too.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Ford was good with using locktite make shure you have something to heat up bolts other than that it shouldnt be to hard.

06 F350 CC LB 4x4 with a few odds and ends
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
PSN Veteran

i found it easy to take the bumper off the front to get to the front spring bolts. make sure to install the bolts backwards just in case ya need to get back in there. its a whole lot easyierif ya need to... lifts on these trucks are some of the easyest ones ive done. youll be fine.....

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 AM
PSN Veteran

with a 2 post lift i found u can just unbolt the bracket for the cooler and get that bolt right out without having to take the bumper off.. just alot more work for nothing if you ask me...

early 99, xcab, 8"lift,37" toyo open country m/ts, afe stage II,BDP tuning, 5" black chrome aussie cuts, blacked out bumper and grill, 8 isspro performax guages, stealth dual pumps, a few fuel leaks......

mods to come:
NO SACRIFICE..... NO VICTORY!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Torque Monster

Send a message via AIM to RaySDF250

You're going to love the look of your lifted Super Duty, but with an 8" lift, why not go with some 38s?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Hated by All

Take the lower mounts for the a/c condenser loose and support the condenser up a couple of inches, otherwise you'll have one hell of a time getting the front spring bolts out.
Then when you put those bolts back in, put them in the opposite way. So you'll never have to fight with it if you change the springs again.
Other than that it's pretty straight forward......

PARIAH

2001 F-350
Resurection has begun.....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

Well the front part of the lift is on! Took frickin forever as I didn't really know what I was doing, but now I do! I just took the bumper off to get to the bolts, that seemed the easiest to me/I didn't know any other way. I slapped the tires on as they fit in the back as I will have to wait another week or two till I have time to do the back. I actually kinda like the prerunner look it has so hopefully the lift springs in the back don't push it up too high, im replacing the 350 blocks with 250 blocks so hopefully that will help. I didn't go with 38's cause 1) wanted toyos because of their great reviews and they were reasonable and good looking and 2) 1" really isn't any different i don't think, the 37s don't look too small whatsoever. Do have some rubbing on the leafs tho, pretty bad too, at about 2 mph and full lock turning left today the left tires tread locked on the spring, making it feel like i slammed on the brakes, I don't know what to do about that. The wheels are 4.5 back spacke and -25 offset so they are the right fit, dunno what the problem is.

So far tho I LOVE IT!!!! It looks amazing and actually rides better than the rancho leveling springs I had on there, that stuff is junk

SOLD 2002 F350

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 AM
PSN Veteran

the front was always the hardest goo luck on the rear should be a hole lot easyer

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode