i got a plan - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
lott is my daddy

i got a plan

after talkin to Bigr yesterday..i was thinkin about getting 6.4 heads and a common rail system on my 6.0

first off- anyone tried this? anyone want to engineer it?

second- i like my 6.0...i want to keep it as a daily driver..lift with a larger single turbo and fuel system and call it done.

so the plan. buy a totaled or salvage titled 08 zuperduper duty from either an insurance company, bank, or auction..preferably a single cab short bed or extended cab short bed. with rear end damage so the front end is still good..or one that rolled and piece together a truck with roll cage. i know a guy who can rebuild the chasis for me or build a tube chassis if need be, if its tweaked and he also does good body work.

i want the ability for it to be daily driven, though i will only drive occasionally on street. twins? fueling? nitro? single stack out the rear of the bed like on someone on here's avitar. lower it a bit

would definately need sponsors for it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 AM
OBS junkie

Re: i got a plan

Okay, now that that's been said, what's wrong with your 6.0l? Sounds like too much work to me.

Quote:
preferably a single cab short bed
By the way, unless they changed the lineup I have yet to see a Superduty gas or Diesel roll out of the factory this way. Think of the term, "Built not Bought".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Last edited by Cat_Rebel; 11-16-2007 at 10:44 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Subject Matter Expert

Re: i got a plan

The bore is larger on the 6.4. Before you get too far involved, make certain the valves don't come close to hitting the cylinder walls when they open. On the duramaxes it's very close limiting them on valve size.

Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode