tire questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

tire questions

I acquired a set of weld 18's friday and need some suggestions. Right now they have a worn set of 325/60/18 toyo open country's mounted up. When turning sharp they rub and they just look too wide for my taste. I was thinking of going down to a 305 but im having troubles finding anything other than toyo proxies. I really want a nice AT tire. If i stick with 325's whats the preferred AT tire and best way to lift the front end up a couple inches?? Ive heard something about a spring pack kit from donahoe? Sorry for the stupid questions im not a wheel/tire/ suspension guy

Here's a couple pics, its been raining nonstop the last couple days so i havent cleaned the truck up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheels1.jpg (64.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg new wheels2.jpg (89.7 KB, 28 views)

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Lurker...

Re: tire questions

if you check ebay, there is a sale on Pro-Comp tires right now...A/T and M/T both buy 3 get 1 free...

i'm looking at a set of 4 285's delivered for under $600

2003 F-350 Super Duty
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I love you bigrpowr!

Someone over on TDS recently bought those Pro Comp tires and did not like them at all. He said the side walls were too soft and truck wondered because of that.

I like my Nitto Grapplers in a 285/65/18 on my stock height 2wd. I had my Nitto's installed for around $630. Unless you take them to a cheap tire shop, they are going to be somewhat expensive to have them mounted and balanced if you buy them online.

99.5 F250 XLT S/C 6SPD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have no ring and no love from the mods.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Lurker...

unless you can mount/balance them yourself...that's true...most shops like to get paid to mount/balance tires they did not sell

2003 F-350 Super Duty
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:58 AM
OBS junkie

My local tire shop is $10 to mount & balance a tire. Four tires is $40.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Corona Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Rebel View Post
My local tire shop is $10 to mount & balance a tire. Four tires is $40.
What about when you don't buy the tires from them is it still the same price.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecline View Post
I acquired a set of weld 18's friday and need some suggestions. Right now they have a worn set of 325/60/18 toyo open country's mounted up. When turning sharp they rub and they just look too wide for my taste. I was thinking of going down to a 305 but im having troubles finding anything other than toyo proxies. I really want a nice AT tire. If i stick with 325's whats the preferred AT tire and best way to lift the front end up a couple inches?? Ive heard something about a spring pack kit from donahoe? Sorry for the stupid questions im not a wheel/tire/ suspension guy

Here's a couple pics, its been raining nonstop the last couple days so i havent cleaned the truck up

Gosh damn those are ugly too bad they won't fit an obs. Hey those look like the same style wheel Amanda from DI has on her truck.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 AM
you want some of this?

Thats what I paid for mount and balnce and bought them elsewhere. $10 a piece. And x2 what they said --Pro-Comp extrreme mud terrain-- kinda soft in the sidewall. Took them about a week or two to start getting a "feel" for the road. Felt like it was sliding in corners. Now their starting to wear a little, and its much better. Of course the firestone at's were the same when new.

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 AM
coyote caller

Not sure on tires but you can try a spring shop and see how much they will charge to add a leaf. I got a quote locally last year of a $110 to add one leaf to each side and they said it should bring it up 1 to 2 inches.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:33 AM
PSN Veteran

bfg makes the all terrain in a 305/68/18 its about 34 inches tall. the 325 are just two wide if you ask me. the bfg will be little over an inch skinnier.. just my .02.

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode