Tire Question again... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Tire Question again...

Thinking about a set of super swampers, not sure the style or anything but just kicking around an idea... Who has run them? Looking for input on noise, traction both on road and off, and somewhat on wear...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Evil Genius

Re: Tire Question again...

I've had friends run TSLs, SSRs and Iroks.

SSRs and Iroks are the best on the road without sacrificing traction. STS is more road friendly, but only really any good in sand off road.

SSRs and Iroks are louder than say a Toyo M/T or my current Dick Cepek Muds.....but not as loud as TSLs.

They wear quicker than Toyos, MTZs, DCs, Kuhmos, etc..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Banning Smut

I ran a 37 Trxus MT for a while. I liked them. Rode well on the highway and about the same noise as my Toyos. Not a bad tire for the $.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
OBS junkie

My buddy runs a set of TSL 37" radials on his Diesel & loves em. They don't wear too bad if you keep them rotated. I've heard of people getting over 30K miles on them.
Another buddy of mine (JohnT) runs a set of the Trxus STS Radials that have lasted a long time. Just don't expect to run through much mud with them. More of a street or sand tire.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
PSN Newb

I've run TSL, TSL/SX, Boggers, T-Birds and IROK Radials in the past. Don't even bother with any of the bias ply tires. They suck compared to the radials. I had a new set of swampers and 2 of them wouldn't even balance. They had to give me another pair.

The 10-ply IROK's are by far the best Interco tire I've had. Keep them balanced/rotated and air up and they should last 25-30K miles. And they pull like mad in the mud. This is good and bad. Once they start digging you'll be down to the axle really quick. They do OK on sand. Wet traction on the road is better than the regular swampers, but not stellar.

Noise wise, they are quieter than the TSLs and especially the Boggers. Thornbirds have an annoying higher pitch whine. My last set of tires were Ground Hawgs and these IROKs are way quieter than them. All in all I like the sound of these.

I had a friend with the Truxus and I wasn't too impressed. Down on traction compared to the IROK and didn't seem enough more civilized to be worth it.

I knew lots of Jeepers with SSR in college and they were forever ripping sidewalls off road. Those tires are way flexy buy not very durable compared to the other offerings from interco.

I'll be buying another set when these (36-13.50/16.5 IROK Radial) wear out, but that's mostly due to the lack of choices for 35"+ tires for a 16.5" rim.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
PSN Veteran

why dont you try the new cooper sst or the bfg km2

02 f-250 xlt with leather, BTS trans. dp-tunes, afe. 40" bfg km2 on some 20's. and a bunch of other stuff that doesent make it any faster.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Because I love my Toyo's... but thinking about the SSR's for Jobsite duty...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 AM
Corona Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon250 View Post
why dont you try the new cooper sst
I would run these if they mad them in a 295-75-16. Does anyone know if any tire company makes a 295-75-16 in a MT I haven't seen it in any of the brands I have looked at but they all have it in a AT.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon250 View Post
why dont you try the new cooper sst or the bfg km2
I have the cooper st's they work real good. I have about 10k on them wish I would have known about the sst's they look hawt. The bias super swampers do not wear for shat.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 AM
OBS junkie

I've seen the Cooper STTs & Toyo MT side by side & other than the side walls they are almost the same tire. I run the Cooper S/Ts on mine & they will go through some mud but ride good on the road.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode