Alien Patrol bumpers - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Barnbuilder
Alien Patrol bumpers

Anyone done business with them? They billed me 10 weeks ago today. Finally got them to answer phone last Monday, said it shipped and gave me a tracking #. Tracking # doesn't work on Yellow Freight website. They said it was a good # and would contact their shipping person. I think they know my # cause they never answer. Had the wife call and they answered. Said they will call when they know something. No news, crap is getting old.

Greg

Last edited by Barnbuilder; 10-05-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Alien Patrol bumpers

someone else ordered one of these awhile ago. i thought they were bs then i heard a story... from what i understand they may be short on help (???) i was under the impression it's the original guy from road armor, and now road armor is having issues... who knows. keep us posted.

2002 F250
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Corona Killa

Yeah another guy on this site ordered one from them search x code springs and you will find who it was.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Finally picked it up tonight! Too dark to look at it real well. But, from what little I can see looks nice!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 01:27 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory A. Burke View Post
Anyone done business with them? They billed me 10 weeks ago today. Finally got them to answer phone last Monday, said it shipped and gave me a tracking #. Tracking # doesn't work on Yellow Freight website. They said it was a good # and would contact their shipping person. I think they know my # cause they never answer. Had the wife call and they answered. Said they will call when they know something. No news, crap is getting old.Greg
Sorry, I did not see this sooner. I have an Alien Patrol bumper and it looks great. Jim Terry was one of the original entrepreneurs with Road Armor and did much of their CAD work. He and partners sold their business and the new owners of Road Armor stopped making payments. He started up Alien Patrol to resume manufacturing but Road Armor sued him. He won. So now he is free to use his old designs and develop new ones under the Alien Patrol banner. He and his wife, Sandy, were looking for a new place to put down roots and recently bought land in CO. Meanwhile Jim has been trying to get product out finding new suppliers of steel parts etc. He is doing the welding himself. The price is reasonable. He ships only a raw unfinished bumper. The shippers were the big problem with Road Armor. Powdercoat was always getting scratched. I wanted a custom bumper '05-06 for my truck because the panels for mounting lights were a bit bigger. I am putting in a white grille and using Hella FF1000 driving lights and MicroDE foglights in 6" and 4" frenched openings. I sent him the lights so he could fab custom mounting brackets. While we were working out the details of the design, he would send me new CAD drawings and linked me to a site that let me install a free program for a month. We got the design finalized and a few weeks later the bumper arrived. The shippers nearly tore it from the pallet despite multiple steel bands. There were a few dings in it from shipping. I am having a friend prep it for finishing and it will be shot with Line-X Xtra in black. It will look great. I just need more time to finish all these projects.

2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 4.10 DRW, with "the ultimate towing setup!": Nov 30, 1999 engine with Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs and ARP headstuds, DP-Tuner, DI regulated return, AC singles with 80% over EDM nozzles, BTS dual HPOP, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC and BTS tranny .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
OBS junkie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

pics

1999 F350 CC XLT 4x4 6spd
2006 F350 CC KR 4x4
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM
OBS junkie

Good lookin bumper, love the dog sitting by the engine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode