New tires for the dually ?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

New tires for the dually ??

Ok, heres the deal.
Getting ready to put on new tires. I'm going with explorer pro comp xtreme mud terrain. Question. How much space do I need between the rear wheels to fit a 285/75/16 ? The firestone 265/75/16's have a good inch of space between them now. Possible I wont need a spacer ? 2nd question, if I do need a spacer, anyone got a recommendation ?
Need info pretty quick, gotta have em on before next weekend truck pulls.
Thanks guys!

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 01:18 AM
OBS junkie

Re: New tires for the dually ??

I'd talk to Fred at- http://www.wheeladapter.com/home.asp

From what I hear he's the man when it comes to adapters. That's what Danny uses on his big white Dually.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
WHAT???

so you are going to pull down at silk hope scott? i'm hoping i can get off this oil rig so i can come, i don't know if the truck will be there or not because if i don't get off here til thursday i'm just gonna come home and not worry about going up to nashville and picking it up.

2000 F-250 ex sb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (CR coming soon)

1999 F-450 cc fb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (STOLEN)

2008 F-250 cc sb 4x4 H&S, S&B, 5", BMF, Grabbers

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Yup, I'll be there. What kinda rules do they have? Can I run the solid blocks in the rear? Almost everyone in the e-city pull that did well ran solid a solid rear suspension. Also planning on adding a fuel pump too.

Thanks for the quick reply, I checked out the site/ sent a quote request.
Hopefully have everything done by sat.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 AM
WHAT???

most pulls down there are just antique (put-put) tractors and then they throw a truck class in for anyone in the crowd that want's to pull. the pull next weekend is a sanctioned pull for the tractors and i'm pretty sure there will be some of the big 4x4 gas trucks...like the blue ford named "yankee". i doubt there will be many rules in your class so solid blocks should be fine. and from talking to you and hearing how your truck runs, make room for a trophy, i doubt the kids there can touch yours. diesel performance is kinda lame around these parts...sucks when i had the fastest truck before swamps got it with 4 pos., afe stage 2 intake, exhaust and nozzels.

hopefully going to piedmont soon, you game!?

2000 F-250 ex sb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (CR coming soon)

1999 F-450 cc fb 4x4 Swamped 7.3 (STOLEN)

2008 F-250 cc sb 4x4 H&S, S&B, 5", BMF, Grabbers

Last edited by STROKIN N STYLE; 09-16-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: can't spell
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Yeah, lemme know when!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Talked to Fred today, cool guy! Didnt expect to hear back so soon. I sent him an e-mail from the site you posted last night, and he called me this morning, cool! As soon as I get the tires on, we'll see how much spacer it needs, and order some. I dont want to go more than needed and look stupid.
Again, very nice guy, I'd recommend anyone needing adaptors or spacers call him.
Thanks for the referal!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 AM
OBS junkie

No problem, glad it worked out for you. I haven't talked to Fred before but everyone told me he's the man. Glad to hear he's such a great guy, I'll pass the word around to a few other dually owners I know.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 PM
PSN Local

Bought my spacers on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

I have 295/75/16's on my dually with 2" spacers. If I were to do it over again, I would go with 1.5" spacers. My outside tire sticks out a little from the fender. My $.02 FWIW

2002 F-350 Dually 4X4, 6spd,
Swamps 200cc Hybrids & Tunes
OEM PMR's
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM
NORCAL

Fred told me any spacer under 2" and you will have to trim the wheel studs. Just an FYI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode