05-07 aluminum grille ?'s - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

05-07 aluminum grille ?'s

Does anyone make an all aluminum full replacement grille? The closest I have found is Paramount Restyling. After calling them, they told me the shell is plastic and the bars are aluminum. I then asked if they made any full metal grilles, after about 15 mins of searching, she told me no.

Reason I'm asking, my factory plastic grille was cracked by God knows what, and now the chrome tape that covers it is bubbling and peeling. I don't want to deal with that again.

I know they exist, I found one a local rip off accessory store. Dude wanted almost $700 for it so I left. I figure there's got to be on one Amazon or eBay somewhere.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Re: 05-07 aluminum grille ?'s

I have seen some fail like yours but my 06 is still looking new at 80k

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
PSN Veteran

There are some all-metal designs, but you'll pay upwards of $500-600 for them. I got lucky and found one on craigslist used for $140 :)

2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 6.5' 4x4

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
There are some all-metal designs, but you'll pay upwards of $500-600 for them. I got lucky and found one on craigslist used for $140 :)
By chance do you know what brand yours is? Or one of the brands that you know of which use all metal designs?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM
PSN Veteran

I'm not 100% positive, but based on the thickness and number of grilles, and the number of supports, the only one that matches is the Street Scene 950-75579

Its for '05-'07 because I upgraded my front end to the newer style. T-Rex also makes a 1-piece all metal version.

For the Street Scene options, the bottom of this page has the 1-piece (not bolt on) options: Street Scene - Mirrors, Grilles, Body Kits, Roll Pans, Wiper Cowls, Driving Lights, and more.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I called Street Scene and referenced that part number, and they tell me it is a plastic shell with aluminum inserts. I get the feeling that these people they employ have no idea what they are talking about.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM
PSN Veteran

The one I bought used is all metal, but I'm not 100% it is Street Scene because it has no model or numbers on it. Maybe it's T-Rex or another brand, but from those I've seen pictures of, it looks most like the Street Scene.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I would hope that it is all aluminum if they are selling it for almost $700. Maybe I'll call again and hopefully this time get somebody who knows what they are talking about.

Still looking around. Anyone else have one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode