Color Specific!! True Blue Metallic trucks - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Color Specific!! True Blue Metallic trucks

I have been trying to get ideas for my truck, but it seems that there aren't a lot of them out there. I always see gray, I can get an idea but would like to see what some pictures of some blue ones. Got a few things that I'm waiting to put on. Post up! Thanks. I can't seem to post a picture of mine, don't know what the issue is.

2003 F350 Lariat, 7.3 CCSB. Stock as of now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
<--Blue Slut

Re: Color Specific!! True Blue Metallic trucks

new!.jpg

BlueZ.jpg

Medium Blue with some metallic flake, love the color, haven't seen but 2 the same color and I love it, hope this is along the lines of what you were looking for

Justin Zoeller
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Early '99 F250
Few odds and ends,
Built not Bought!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah, I like that color a lot too. I like the painted black factory wheels also. Looks good and tough. Thanks for posting. My computer isn't letting me post a picture of mine. Workin' on it.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I think I finally figured it out. Here she is. Not great pics, but you get the idea. All stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8352.jpg (103.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8142.jpg (51.9 KB, 44 views)

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 AM
<--Blue Slut

Good lookin rig man! And thanks, I like the look of the factory rims and for the price of aftermarket I love the look of black home-done ones. I haven't seen many trucks still around with your color, it's a real sharp lookin truck fersure. What ya got planned for it?

Justin Zoeller
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Early '99 F250
Few odds and ends,
Built not Bought!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7point3 View Post
Good lookin rig man! And thanks, I like the look of the factory rims and for the price of aftermarket I love the look of black home-done ones. I haven't seen many trucks still around with your color, it's a real sharp lookin truck fersure. What ya got planned for it?
Thanks man. I still haven't decided on a tire and wheel option. I had a buddy put the plasti dip on his wheels and it is holding up better than any of us imagined it would. So, I bought some cans for mine and may or may not use them. I was going to ask you if yours were plasti dipped but I saw on the other thread that you painted them. Looks good. I already have a Fabtech 3.5" hanger lift (can add more if I want) and some Bilstein 5100 shocks. I plan on running 18x9 wheels and either 35x12.50 or 315/70's (36's) Toyo Open Countey MTs. I want some black wheels, maybe the XD Spys or the Rockstars with a different center cap. I have a SCT programmer that I am going to sell because it's for a 6.0. I will probably buy or trade for another SCT for the 7.3. Still considering a TS chip though. I thought I was set on the CTS monitor, but I keep hearing that the screen will go out whiten a year. Idk, maybe gauges. 38r turbo, debating on injectors, intake system, 5" SS MBRP exhaust (overkill I know, but I've heard both and it's the sound I want), 05' face-lift with color matched bumpers. I think I'll paint the door handles and the mirrors blue too. 25% tint on the windows and tinted lights. Would like the new rear bumper style with sensors (I do have the backup sensors now) and I would like a newer tailgate with the Man step. Was thinking about buying an earlier 7.3 engine off Craigslist and taking my time and building it up for 500+ Hp, nothing too crazy. Saw one on there other day, it was an 01 with very low miles, transmission included for $1200. It sold quick. I want to slowly build a tranny too. Fuel system mods...and the list goes on. Taking my time trying to do it right the first time. Don't want to settle.

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 AM
<--Blue Slut

Damn sounds like you've got it all planned out! IMO I'd stick away from Rockstars but with a different center cap they might look a hella lot better. As for overkill exhaust, I'm runnin a 5" strait pipe and love the sound.. it's much different than other 7.3s and not too many people have it. I think the "Blued-out" scheme would be the cats meow, I've thought about doin it on mine but decided blue/black is more my style. I'm stuck on new kicks for mine right now, I want 35s but can't decide what brand or anything, so many options ya know? That plasi dip stuff is great, buddy of mine did camo on his Duramax and they've held up great for about 65xxx miles now.
And settling is about the worst you could do, you're right to take the time and do it right the first time and get exactly what you want!

Justin Zoeller

Early '99 F250
Few odds and ends,
Built not Bought!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I would ditch the center caps for sure on the Rockstars. Not bad for others, just not for me. Another fan of the 5", nice! Sounds great to me too. That's one mod I'm really looking forward to. Yeah, the black a blue fits your truck well and them bumpers wouldn't look right blue. Black is the only way to go. Thing looks like it's a workhorse for sure. You should look into the Toyos. I think most are load range E and everyone swears by them. I may get some when I decide to buy new ones.

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM
<--Blue Slut

I'm surprised how many people kinda rag on the 5" but I love it. Thanks I really appreciate it, I've put everything I've got into her and she does alright as a workhorse, just needs a little more umph to be perfect for me. I'll fersure have to look into Toyo's, I know they're good lookin tires but I need somethin that'll last, as well as hold up when I haul stuff all summer with em.
BTW that's a pretty sick old van in your avatar pic!

Justin Zoeller

Early '99 F250
Few odds and ends,
Built not Bought!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah, I don't know why everyone rags on the 5" either. Probably because there is really no more flow. But the sound is worth it to me. I keep looking at your truck and I really don't see much I would change except maybe some 35's, which you're already planning. I have herd that the Toyo's go at least 50,000. I'll take 50,000. Thanks brother, I built that van in Ramadi, Iraq. It's not old actually, It's a 200?, I'm pretty sure. It looked like crap before that. We used it as a FOB runner. It drew a crowd for sure. Put 8" of lift on it and 37" Super Swampers. Lots of fabrication. It's a 4x4 Russian van and it's actually 4 cylinder turbo diesel. We cut the exhaust and that thing had a nice loud whistle to it. I wanted to bring it back to the U.S. but had to leave her. Buddy that built it with me (Force Pro contractor, Jamie) stayed back, so he kept it. I miss that van. Many sleepless nights. Fun times I'll never forget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode