37" Military OZs on a SuperDuty with only a Leveling kit - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

37" Military OZs on a SuperDuty with only a Leveling kit

So, have you ever wondered if you could put 37" tall Military OZ H1 tires on your almost stock SuperDuty? I did. So I tried it. And they Just fit. I used a set of Weld wheels 16.5X10 with a 5" back spacing. The tire are the military surplus Hummer H1 Good Year Wranglers OZ MT. The size is 37x12.50-16.5. They actually measure 36.5 tall and 10" wide across the tread.
The truck only has an add a leaf in the front, and the back is stock. the front tires just barely rub on the back side of the fender well when I turn hard over one way or the other. I'll do a little trimming and they will be perfect. They ride great at 50 psi. They are just a tinny bit louder than that were on it but not enough to be irritating at all. I can turn lock to lock and not rub the leaf springs and the tires have a load rating of something like 3850 lbs at 50 psi per tire. ya just cant beat that. especialy when a set from trailworthyfab.com cost something like $550.00 shipped. Any way i just wanted to show off the trucks new look. Let me know what ya think.

2004 F-350 CC/SB 4" downpipe and exhaust and thats it 220,000 miles strong
2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong
Just another Duramax guy seeing what the competition is raving about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 37" Military OZs on a SuperDuty with only a Leveling kit

Looks good to me. You can pull your inner fender wheel well in with a zip tie so you don't have to cut it.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM
PSN Local

i loved my H1's on my old K5 for on road but the suck off road. you can also get those tires on ebay or local craigslist for a lot cheaper than trailworthy fab, i bought my recentered H1 wheels from them but i bought my tires off craigslist for about 120 for all 4 90% tread

Current:
2008 CBR1000RR, too many mods to list, dynoed 173rwhp
2006 Ford F250, ARP's, EGR Delete, Straight Piped, Gearhead Extreme SRL+

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
STILL LEARNING

Yeah, they do suck on anything other than pavement. I hated mine enough to GIVE them away

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Its a street truck for the most part. I might cruze the dunes with it this year but only to sight see not to climb the hills or jump it. They ride nice and wear good so I'll run them for a while. I got the locally as well. couldnt bring myself to pay $150+ for shipping.

2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 PM
OBS junkie

Hope you have a spare or 2. Seen enough of those end up with cracked sidewalls & what have ya from the age.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Hood Rich

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

dont drive in light rain, or a dusting of snow... those tires almost cost me my truck and my life more than once on mild roads....

NWI Coal Rollers Association

Local 444- Rolling Coal Teamsters
via Beans Toonz
DI SS Up-Pipe
GTP38R
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Sounds like more trouble than there worth. I have heard that they aren't the best in snow and wet weather but wow. I didn't realize people had that many problems with them. It has been snowy and wet roads since i put them on and I have noticed that they aren't the greatest but haven't had any serious problems. But I will definitely take special care when road conditions are less than perfect. Thanks for the heads up

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Hood Rich

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

The final straw was basically idling towards an intersection, starting to slow down, and nothing happened. There was a car in front of me in my lane already fully stopped. He saw I wasnt going to stop before I hit him. It was a redlight camera intersection and he said #### it and went through it. Thank god he bit the bullet bc he woulda been forced into the intersection anyway.... It was only a light dusting of snow

after that I dropped $3100 on rims and tires and never looked back... truck rode better, better handling, and ultimately safer... Mine werent bald, they had more than half tread on them, very meaty.... I'd only run them in the summer, but I sold them first offer I got...

NWI Coal Rollers Association

Local 444- Rolling Coal Teamsters
via Beans Toonz
DI SS Up-Pipe
GTP38R
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 03:54 PM
PSN Newb

this came up in a search i was doing so i thought i would contribute. i have these tires on my crew f350 and love them even during the winter months.

heres why. i took them down to the local truck tire shop and had them siped. i have never had a tire with better ice and snow traction than these before or since then.

sorry about the dead thread revival just thought it was a worthy contribution.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode