Color match or chrome front end? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Color match or chrome front end?

I need to replace my stock front bumper, headlights and grille. I want to stay with the 99-2004 front end look, but I can`t make up my mind if I should do the color match bumper and grille and smoked lights, or all chrome bumper like the platium edition with no plastic valance and the all chrome grille with smoked headlights?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
PSN Local

Re: Color match or chrome front end?

I am about to do the same thing...I am going color match
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Im stroke-less

Chrome since the flames are silver

06 Silverado ecsb 4x4 I know I know

02 F250,ccsb,4x4,7.3,superchip 1705 for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,afe stage2 intake,4in turbo back exhaust,leveled on 35s,tint and a few speakers and one big amp. More mods to come. Php tunes ordered. Sold

93 Chevy silverado 1500 with a few mods.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What if I were to have the bumper and grille sprayed pear silver to mach the first part of the flames and the rear bumper color matched to the truck? Just an idea? I have 3d raise flame billet door handles and billet flame pinch weld covers and all my badges have had the paint removed. I`m thinking about stainless steel n-fab nerf bars of amp bar, leaning towards the amp research bars so the wife can get up into the truck easier.

MY 2002 f250 4x4 larait crew cab short bed. 12.5" Icon lift w/ OneUpOffroad 5" traction bar block system. Mickey thompso 38X15.50R18 tires on Weld Dune 8 18x10 wheels. Custom pearl silver &purple flame paint, MBRP 4" T-304 SS cool dual exhaust w/ custom made T-304SS flame tips, AFE stage 2intake. Way More!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Im stroke-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
What if I were to have the bumper and grille sprayed pear silver to mach the first part of the flames and the rear bumper color matched to the truck? Just an idea? I have 3d raise flame billet door handles and billet flame pinch weld covers and all my badges have had the paint removed. I`m thinking about stainless steel n-fab nerf bars of amp bar, leaning towards the amp research bars so the wife can get up into the truck easier.
Silver paint or chrome but I would do the back bumper the same just my opinion.

06 Silverado ecsb 4x4 I know I know

02 F250,ccsb,4x4,7.3,superchip 1705 for now
,afe stage2 intake,4in turbo back exhaust,leveled on 35s,tint and a few speakers and one big amp. More mods to come. Php tunes ordered. Sold

93 Chevy silverado 1500 with a few mods.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 PM
PSN Local

I say color match and slap some Harley headlights in it!! On like^^^^ he said paint the rear bumper too!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

08 Tailgate,Harley lights, Glow Shift Gauges,5" turbo back exhaust,Dp tuner
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 AM
04 oilburner

I sprayed my grille( just the chrome part) to match the body color. And left the bumper chrome. I love it., looks way good.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
PSN Local

I think you should go with your idea of painting the front to match the flames and the rear to match the truck.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Here is what the back of my truck looks like. I have painted all the plastic trim to match the truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode