35" tires with spacer on a level pics...? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

35" tires with spacer on a level pics...?

I have 3" level kit front, 350 blocks in rear, and 35s on stock wheels...so they are not that wide (375/75/16)
Tires are still nice and crispy still so I'm not ready to do a wheel and tire combo yet..I'm also flipping back and forth about lifting 6"...for now I'm thinking of some 1.5" or 2" wheel spacers to slightly change the look..anyone have any pics of spaced put wheels or somehting similar?

This is how it sits now..would also like to do 08 mirrors, tailgate and bumper.

ps3 online: kennyfcknpowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Re: 35" tires with spacer on a level pics...?

good spacers are crazy money and not the best solution

you would be better off doing the rims and tires in the size and offset you desire

IMHO

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

What's crazy money and why do you say that?

ps3 online: kennyfcknpowers

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM

If you want to research spacers look up Hub-Centric Spacers. They would be the best on something this heavy, which I still would not recommend. The other is lug-centric which are cheaper but I would not try them.

2008 F450 4x4
Stock
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbonegro View Post
What's crazy money and why do you say that?
1 set of steel

2 Wheel Spacers Steel near new - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Northshore Powerstrokes

I was running 2" hub centric spacers on my 08 F350 for the front end to make the 19.5 even with my F450 flares, but the studs keep busting and they were ford oem studs on the steel spacer. I spent $600 on the spacers and another $320 on studs. Then I said forget it im not running no damn spacers no more after my tire almost flew off on the freeway, it was held on by one stud and nut. I wouldn't run spacers well maybe its because the F350 so dang heavy I can see them maybe working on a F250. If not my best bet would be to go for the wider rim and off set to be safe. Then again that's just me do what ever you think is right its your truck :)

99 F250 7.3 SHORTBED 4X4, XLT MODS-DP TUNER K&N AIR FILTER, 4" MBRP STRAIGHT PIPE 5", 08 F350 6.4 SHORTBED 4X4, XLT MODS-SPARTAN, AFE FILTER, 4" MBRP STRAIGHT PIPE 5", 03/5 F350 6.0 SHORTBED 4X4 LARIAT, XLT MODS- AFE, SCT, 4" MBRP

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 AM
PSN Local

yah, i wouldnt run spacers. Im not sure what kind of rims you like, but you can get the M/T classic II style made by procomp for around $600 brand new shipped. plus look around on your local craigslist, there are always 8 on 170 rims on there around my area. Might luck out. even if you find a set you like with tires on it you can always pull those off and sell them.

On a side note, how do you like those duratracs? Im thinking of getting a set sometime soon.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Administrator

f250 vs 350 isn't a huge weigh difference even between SRW DRW

say a 2008
" F250 4x4 srw 7085lbs

" F350" " " " " 7223lbs
" F350 " " DRW 7910lbs

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Lots of guys are into that look where I live and none of them have had trouble that I know of...not sure what kind of spacers they are running but there are definitely good ones out there

2007 F-250 CCLB Lariat FX4 6.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuekear View Post
I just blow my heads off the block once a year. Keeps nice clean antifreeze in it, although not that cost effective it sure is fun.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I think it looks great the way it sits... Keep the tires tucked in nice and neat.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode