white gauge cluster lights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
cjsobas

white gauge cluster lights

i have a 2000 f350 the dash is the dull green factory lights and black cluster. i would really like to change this. i wanted white around the gauges so i ordered a overlay from whitegauges.com. they just stick on the factory overlay. now as for the color i am having issues finding out how to remove the green tint from the back of the gauge overlay. how would i go about removing the needles and putting them back on so they are acurate.

i ahve this idea that if a take a 9v batt and some jumper leads and conect it to the gauge terminals then mark where they sit it will be acurate. or i might fry the board

also i was wondering if there was a tool i needed to remove the gauge needles.......

2000 F350 7.3l custom 5in exhaust, glowshift pillar gauges, 4in sky jacker lift, edge evo only on tow built tranny/ bts valve body/alto clutches and steeles/racer x triple disk torque converter, 20in moto metel 955, 35/12.50r20 nitto m/t, ww, 2ton helper springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Road Hammer

Re: white gauge cluster lights

This may help:
Converting Dash Lights Too LED? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

00' F350 XLT - SCSB, 4x4, 6-spd
94' Ranger - 306/5-spd in progress
06' KTM 525 EXC-R - Dual sport & SuperMoto
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
cjsobas

thanks it did kindaa lol. when you removed the needles how did you make sure they were accurate and or back in the same place

2000 F350 7.3l custom 5in exhaust, glowshift pillar gauges, 4in sky jacker lift, edge evo only on tow built tranny/ bts valve body/alto clutches and steeles/racer x triple disk torque converter, 20in moto metel 955, 35/12.50r20 nitto m/t, ww, 2ton helper springs

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Road Hammer

To be honest, I haven't gotten to it yet.

What I'm going to do is just take a picture of the needles when the engine is at warm idle. Then just try to put them back in the same place. The Speedo, Tach and fuel level are the only ones to really worry about accuracy, the rest are just basically idiot lights/dumby gauges.

00' F350 XLT - SCSB, 4x4, 6-spd
94' Ranger - 306/5-spd in progress
06' KTM 525 EXC-R - Dual sport & SuperMoto
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 AM
professional slacker

I might be wrong but it might only be possible to put them on one way.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
cjsobas

Well I'll be doing all this all at the end of the week. Guess I'll find out if I break anything. And how hard it will be I will definitely post pictures and a detailed explanation of how hard it is. Because its a neat interior mod if i can do it

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Village Idiot

There are some picks or a video floating around, were They show how to scrape the green coating off. Was pretty straight forward.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

if your putting in a new face there should not be any green to scrape off..just swap the bulbs..mine glow blue but i dont have a night shot..i did mine very first thing in the am when motor was cold and all gauges where reading 0..then you dont get confused where they where...if i remember right (i did this mod 6 years ago and my truck is parked for the winter) doesnt all gauges read 0 with the key off any way's??

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
cjsobas

the face just sticks on the original plate. that's why the green needs to come off they wil look good hopefully lol. and yeah with the truck off and cold the gauges should stay the same. but i heard if there not on then they roll back and out of place. idk if it true or not

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

oh ya..that's a little different then what I have..mine I toss the old face and put in the new one piece face...

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode