Interior swap/color change - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Interior swap/color change

This is a thread that will show how i plan to convert my stock grey inerior from my 06 extended cab to black, with custom seat covers. Heres the list of what will get done, or atleast the plan

-All door panels, dash, a pillars, and all other plastics will get painted with OEM approved color bond paint (will look factory black, see test samples below)
-Head liner will be recovered using black suede
-Carpet will be replaced using new factory oem black carpet from ford
-Seat covers will be replaced with custom katzkin seat covers (going black leather with suede inserts, and double red stiching...not sure if i want to do black suede or red suede inserts...thoughts?)
-The interior will be completley rewired and customs switch panels installed
-Also debating to put down sound deadner matting

I started the project this weekend, by removing my factory interior (minus the dash for now) and also tested the colorbond product for color last week...

duplicolor interior paint on the left, color bond on the right (colorbond looks amazing and durable)

stock interior

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Interior swap/color change

seats removed

out comes the carpet and headliner, as well as the pillars (wire mess!)

new driver seat?

start of my parts pile

plans for this week are to prep all the stock plastics, and start painting! hope to have my carpet ordered this week, and get the correct suede for the head liner (ordered some, but was to short of a piece)

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
PSN Veteran

subd. this should be a good one

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
08 Tacoma Work truck. V6 Power nothing, Radio, AC, and 4x4

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 04:26 AM
PSN Local

Thinking about doing something similar with my truck. I don't care fore that darker gray that Ford put in these and would like to change it to black. Whats your plan for you steering wheel/airbag?

Thanks Rick

2004 CCSB 35X12.5X20 Toyo MT's 20X10 Ultra's Edge EVO CTS Airraid Intake w Zoodad mod 4" TB no Cat Mishimoto intercooler EGR Missing Swamp's 58V

Soon going to have PHP FICM, ECM, Tuning
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 AM
PSN Veteran

Can't wait to see it complete!

07 ford f250
Josh Vandyke
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 AM
is awesome

yes def want to see it done!

05 F250
6" fabtech/pro comp es9000
es2000 dual steering stablizers
20x12 XD diesels 35x12.5/20 Toyo MT
Banks ram air/cat back exhaust
Edge Juice platinum
Zoodad, more mods to come......
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

finalized my order yesterday for my factory black carpet, that should be in next week.

post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Caterpillar Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokedkid87 View Post
finalized my order yesterday for my factory black carpet, that should be in next week.
Were did you order the carpet from??

2006 F350 SRW 4X4
SCT Livewire with gearhead tunes
Egr delete
Sinister diesel coolant filter
8k HIDs
4" mbrp
35x12.50x17 nitto trail mt
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06deezel View Post
Were did you order the carpet from??
after hearing all of the horror stories of after market i went through ford, i got the extended cab harley carpet, it should have the factory padding and all the cut outs already, and should not need to be trimmed, but well see how it comes in

post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeem View Post
Thinking about doing something similar with my truck. I don't care fore that darker gray that Ford put in these and would like to change it to black. Whats your plan for you steering wheel/airbag?

Thanks Rick
My steering wheel is actually black, so i will not need to do anything with that Being that i already changed all the interior LED's to red, the buttons now light up red along with all the other accessories in the cab.

as far as the dash goes, i will be removing all of the wood grain (somehow) and doing a viny. wrap as long as i can find the specific vinal i am looking for. I will also be removing the entire dash assembly and painting that as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/15-1999-2010-super-duty-general-aftermarket/122874-interior-swap-color-change.html
Posted By For Type Date
Spray paint or plastidip interior - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum This thread Refback 12-31-2015 01:13 AM
Spray paint or plastidip interior - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum This thread Refback 11-06-2015 03:32 PM